Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New electric Charger video

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
New video just came out. Shows the boring electric Charger. Looks different than the protype, in that the hood spoiler is gone, or at least that's how it looked to me. Still a big no thanks for me either way. Electric sicks!!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
New video just came out. Shows the boring electric Charger. Looks different than the protype, in that the hood spoiler is gone, or at least that's how it looked to me. Still a big no thanks for me either way. Electric sicks!!!

They think videos like that will get us all tingly and thinking Dodge is still awesome. Nope.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Gonna piss off the taxi drivers....
Only 2 doors...........

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
There is also the new Ram Revolution EV video out today, but I think we'll get a more enthusiastic response here if we post up a random Taylor Swift music video instead. [chair]

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

OP
45-70govt

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
All that commercial makes me want to do is buy an old V-8 F-150. Why in hell would any truck guy want to trade a real engine for stupid interior lights and TV screens? I guess liberal millennials must be the new truck market.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
That truck with the Hellcat motor would be cool.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Just bought out my 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 lease, because I don't want any of this EV, E-torque, organ pipe shit.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Nice….no thanks. I’ll keep my HEMI.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I do gotta say it's the best looking EV I've seen so far. Just not for me. Does appear the front spoiler is gone.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I don't understand why every manufacturer seems to feel the need to add over the top LED strips and glowing emblems.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Like the 2 door arrangement, and nothing else.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I don't understand why every manufacturer seems to feel the need to add over the top LED strips and glowing emblems.
It's all about me

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Probably gonna be 150k for the banshee to start, and I can't imagine the tsb's, recalls and crap with the first ev they produce

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
I am sure all you have seen all the vids on towing with a EV truck.

Ordered a new Ram 1500 5.7 July 1, didn’t notice that the dealer put the order in as an e-Torque until after it was built. It was a no cost option. If it was a $1 option I would have caught the change. I was able to get the dealer to refund the deposit. Last thing I want in a truck is a $2k driver drill battery! '23 1500 5.7's are e-Torque only.

Still driving my 03 Silverado, I love that truck, I think it will be fine for a few more years. I really think I should get a V8 before they are gone, maybe a F150.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably gonna be 150k for the banshee to start, and I can't imagine the tsb's, recalls and crap with the first ev they produce
Watching the video and understanding, now, that’s there are like 5 tiers of Charger being offered… I’m seriously thinking that the “entry level” Charger Daytona will be $60k. Not saying that the Banshee won’t exceed the $100k mark, but if they treat this Charger like its predecessor there will be a rental car available for $30k and a hot rod available for $100k… just move it all up $30k and it’s a perfect fit to their model.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
All that commercial makes me want to do is buy an old V-8 F-150. Why in hell would any truck guy want to trade a real engine for stupid interior lights and TV screens? I guess liberal millennials must be the new truck market.
Issue with that is most of them don't get out of the basement long enough to work and afford one!! Great idea there! Market a pricey ass vehicle that no one wants except the people that can't afford it!

Yes I know there are a few that can but not the majority and this is from experience! They don't want to work, show up or even learn to do a job!!
What was it that I heard recently about the work force today? Something like people are too lazy, too stupid and too ignorant to work anymore! or something like that.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Issue with that is most of them don't get out of the basement long enough to work and afford one!! Great idea there! Market a pricey ass vehicle that no one wants except the people that can't afford it!

Yes I know there are a few that can but not the majority and this is from experience! They don't want to work, show up or even learn to do a job!!
What was it that I heard recently about the work force today? Something like people are too lazy, too stupid and too ignorant to work anymore! or something like that.
My boss went to a job fair recently to recruit and said if you weren’t giving something away the kids wouldn’t even stop at your booth. Then he said in talking with them they only want to work 40 hrs or less a week and have the option of working from home. I just laughed and asked him if I could apply. 😂

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
My boss went to a job fair recently to recruit and said if you weren’t giving something away the kids wouldn’t even stop at your booth. Then he said in talking with them they only want to work 40 hrs or less a week and have the option of working from home. I just laughed and asked him if I could apply. 😂
It's FUCKING SAD!! I'm glad I work for someone and am not in management anymore!