Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New BMW not as hot as he thought...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So, not feeling great, my knees bothering me, feeling light headed, out taking care of business at the bank, county clerks office, and one of my business offices. Realized I'd forgotten the general warranty deeds and exemplified colorado court records at the house, so I get in the Hellcat Charger and head back to the house. At the first light, I see opposite me, this silver late model camaro driven by a douchebag - this guy got the loudest most obnoxious exhaust I've ever heard put on this thing. At just mild throttle its BWWAWWAAAHHHHHHHHHHH loud. Gives guys with hot rods a bad name. Anyway, my mood is not improved; he's going the wrong way to mess with him. At the next light I see something coming up behind me fast (like 30+ over fast) but I don't pay it any mind. When the light changes, the car in front of me pulls away faster than the car next to it. I stay with him, just easing away, no big deal. The white thing does a jack rabbit start and roars past the slower starter in the right and right onto my ass. I look at him in the rearview and he's swinging from side to side. I'm like WTF? It's a bright bright white BMW; I think it was an M4 coupe, but could have been the 3 or 5. Did not get to see it from the side or rear. Then, as the gap opens next to me as the car in teh right lane falls behind, I ease over into that lane and I glance in the rear and Whitey's cutting into that lane and almost rear ends me. I continue my ease over into that lane and he's incredibly close and still swerving from side to side (can't get around on my left because of that lead car I am now passing). I give him a good long look in the rearview and then nail it - I was in custom but with regular trans selection at that point. He hangs for a second (which was mildly surprising) and then starts to drop back as the Charger pulls away. By the time we're deep in triple digits he's 3 to 5 car lengths back. I brake hard, down to 53-55 and long pull the down shift paddle and let him come up nearly even. Then goose it and when he goes WOT I just bury it. He never even comes up to the door and we start to walk away from him. After a few seconds of this and approaching triple digits again he jumps into the center lane to make a u-turn and the engagement ends. Was in the process of giving him a thumbs up when he bailed.

Now my blood gets up when these kinds of things happen and this case was no different. in the past when I was in great shape this was a non-issue. now, with past age indeterminant lacunar infarcts and things like that when the heart rate and blood pressure rocket makes me think the world is about to end. might not pass the physical for the BBORR that's coming up. we will see. Shortly there after I am almost t-boned by these old geezers in a BMW suv that ran a stop sign at the entrance to my neighborhood (one of the most stupidly laid out intersection in the history of texas and that's saying something).

Be safe, have fun. And my wife is pissed at me (I don't hide my crimes, I fess up to them).

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Sorry you are not feeling well. Another wonderful story Magnified. I do enjoy your storytelling...thanks for sharing. Please take care of yourself. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
It's cute when an M4 thinks they can hang :LOL:

Nice job man

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So, not feeling great, my knees bothering me, feeling light headed, out taking care of business at the bank, county clerks office, and one of my business offices. Realized I'd forgotten the general warranty deeds and exemplified colorado court records at the house, so I get in the Hellcat Charger and head back to the house. At the first light, I see opposite me, this silver late model camaro driven by a douchebag - this guy got the loudest most obnoxious exhaust I've ever heard put on this thing. At just mild throttle its BWWAWWAAAHHHHHHHHHHH loud. Gives guys with hot rods a bad name. Anyway, my mood is not improved; he's going the wrong way to mess with him. At the next light I see something coming up behind me fast (like 30+ over fast) but I don't pay it any mind. When the light changes, the car in front of me pulls away faster than the car next to it. I stay with him, just easing away, no big deal. The white thing does a jack rabbit start and roars past the slower starter in the right and right onto my ass. I look at him in the rearview and he's swinging from side to side. I'm like WTF? It's a bright bright white BMW; I think it was an M4 coupe, but could have been the 3 or 5. Did not get to see it from the side or rear. Then, as the gap opens next to me as the car in teh right lane falls behind, I ease over into that lane and I glance in the rear and Whitey's cutting into that lane and almost rear ends me. I continue my ease over into that lane and he's incredibly close and still swerving from side to side (can't get around on my left because of that lead car I am now passing). I give him a good long look in the rearview and then nail it - I was in custom but with regular trans selection at that point. He hangs for a second (which was mildly surprising) and then starts to drop back as the Charger pulls away. By the time we're deep in triple digits he's 3 to 5 car lengths back. I brake hard, down to 53-55 and long pull the down shift paddle and let him come up nearly even. Then goose it and when he goes WOT I just bury it. He never even comes up to the door and we start to walk away from him. After a few seconds of this and approaching triple digits again he jumps into the center lane to make a u-turn and the engagement ends. Was in the process of giving him a thumbs up when he bailed.

Now my blood gets up when these kinds of things happen and this case was no different. in the past when I was in great shape this was a non-issue. now, with past age indeterminant lacunar infarcts and things like that when the heart rate and blood pressure rocket makes me think the world is about to end. might not pass the physical for the BBORR that's coming up. we will see. Shortly there after I am almost t-boned by these old geezers in a BMW suv that ran a stop sign at the entrance to my neighborhood (one of the most stupidly laid out intersection in the history of texas and that's saying something).

Be safe, have fun. And my wife is pissed at me (I don't hide my crimes, I fess up to them).
Your wife is on a need to know basis....all she really needs to know...is what time of day it is...Your health and state of mind notwithstanding...consider how incredibly inadequate the beemer guy... leg extended..foot through the floor felt...had you been driving a lesser car..the encounter may never have happened...but if it did...you loose...you did good...you will forget the encounter long before beemer butt does...now enjoy Christmas mag ole boy...

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Love the story.
Not sure how I missed it.
That is usually how these encounters start though, the other vehicle thinks they can do something.
Represented us well!
Merry Christmas and stay safe and healthy.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My wife & I have agreed the "don't ask, don't tell" philosophy is better for us both when I have the Cat out !

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
LOL I had an M4 charge up on me and then back off when he saw the hell kitty on the side of the car awhile back. new M8 might give you all you can handle though.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
LOL I had an M4 charge up on me and then back off when he saw the hell kitty on the side of the car awhile back. new M8 might give you all you can handle though.
Two years ago I was heads up with a new m3 at a light...the lane merged 300 yards up the road..he was in the right lane..(most people turn right)...he got to the merge before me..NOT BY MUCH...I was in my Ram 1500...that truck ran exceptionally good....I woulda had the M3 back to the dealer the next day

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Did an M8 with my '15 in a short romp a few years ago. The '15 had aftermarket wheels/tires and suspension upgrades so hop was very minimized, and quick on the street. At the 1/8 -1/4 mark I was using my turn signal to change lanes into his lane ahead of him. Did not give it a chance nor did I hesitate when the damn light turned green either, it was game on. I don't know if he did the same thing, but he was definitely all over it after a few feet, but there was no catching a Cat that was ahead of him before the end of the intersection.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn if it wasn’t for the BMW crowd how would we have any good stories which most here certainly have one. And surprisingly enough my Hellcats have not been as many stories as my good old Ram SRT10 Viper motor stories. I never realized how many wannabe BMW owners where out there till I bought my truck. And I have been around a lot of BMW cars in my Hellcats and not much issues. But my Corvettes was always an issue. Which makes me believe the BMW crowd for the most part knows the Hellcats are gonna take them.
A4460375-0F48-454E-A639-D194C04FCE9F.jpeg 59A67F20-CFF1-40E4-80F5-9EE84FAC1314.jpeg 22733453-E932-464A-9DBD-FE0CB7F07C92.jpeg C99998BD-44CB-49B9-9C1C-FD1D92D33CC6.jpeg BDAA57C8-7B4E-474F-8DC1-A63BEF4C5854.jpeg 53D923CD-ECE8-4FDB-A545-7BEB3B266F47.jpeg 1F938ED0-5FB7-4902-BD89-755A77ECB8DF.jpeg FD89455B-3551-47CC-9468-3CE8345E2DCF.jpeg 1E4B471A-3400-4408-8347-095A2A29C851.jpeg 462A9512-14D8-4F27-B625-D5CE973E9BAC.jpeg CC5DD383-6236-41FA-9000-6D53EA5BD5B9.jpeg C4D8F8BB-DCBB-4499-9A69-CC44E9FC94AF.jpeg C4D8F8BB-DCBB-4499-9A69-CC44E9FC94AF.jpeg D4C97B7D-3707-413A-863C-8C295B353AB3.jpeg

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Damn if it wasn’t for the BMW crowd how would we have any good stories which most here certainly have one. And surprisingly enough my Hellcats have not been as many stories as my good old Ram SRT10 Viper motor stories. I never realized how many wannabe BMW owners where out there till I bought my truck. And I have been around a lot of BMW cars in my Hellcats and not much issues. But my Corvettes was always an issue. Which makes me believe the BMW crowd for the most part knows the Hellcats are gonna take them.
View attachment 9349 View attachment 9350 View attachment 9351 View attachment 9352 View attachment 9353 View attachment 9354 View attachment 9355 View attachment 9356 View attachment 9357 View attachment 9358 View attachment 9359 View attachment 9361 View attachment 9361 View attachment 9360
My wifes part of the BMW club...I laugh when guys talk to her bout her car...it attracts nerds...with weird haircuts(they shave the sides of their heads) and beards....some smoke pipes...weird dudes them Beemer guys...lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
View attachment 9349 View attachment 9350 View attachment 9351 View attachment 9352 View attachment 9353 View attachment 9354 View attachment 9355 View attachment 9356 View attachment 9357 View attachment 9358 View attachment 9359 View attachment 9361 View attachment 9361 View attachment 9360
Very nice SRT/pickups....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
That black Corvette: some diamonds called. They want their shine back.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
BMW. The Ultimate Slow Driving Machine.
Yuppers Von Yuppington at the BMW dealer: "I want women to be so impress with my German manhood. What can you do for me?"