Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MS-12633 Is Now MS-A0921

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
:unsure:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Interesting, as @BULL put it. :unsure:. I don't know what that MSA0921 is. That seams like an internal Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis internal rating (I honestly mean, I dk) . The other earlier MS12633 seams like the same. Just like Mercedes Benz has it's MB229.5 or Volkswagen-Audi has it's VW505-00 ratings and company recommendations for oil. I assume those codes are internal company codes and they 'vetted' this brand of oil and give it an OK with there internal company code? Am I wrong?
I would be more concerned with the API rating like SP or SN or SN plus. But that's "confusing" also(not-really). I mean that it seams Mobil one was good enough for super charged Hellcats before (as long as API rating was correct), but now that FCA/Stellantis has their contract with Pennzoil that's their recommend. The only constant would be the API rating I would think.

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Thread Starter #4
Interesting, as @BULL put it. :unsure:. I don't know what that MSA0921 is. That seams like an internal Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis internal rating (I honestly mean, I dk) . The other earlier MS12633 seams like the same. Just like Mercedes Benz has it's MB229.5 or Volkswagen-Audi has it's VW505-00 ratings and company recommendations for oil. I assume those codes are internal company codes and they 'vetted' this brand of oil and give it an OK with there internal company code? Am I wrong?
I would be more concerned with the API rating like SP or SN or SN plus. But that's "confusing" also(not-really). I mean that it seams Mobil one was good enough for super charged Hellcats before (as long as API rating was correct), but now that FCA/Stellantis has their contract with Pennzoil that's their recommend. The only constant would be the API rating I would think.
That’s what one poster seemed to think, that it’s just MS-12633 with SP API. I like to browse BITOG and from what I can tell a lot of the smarter folks there don’t think MS-12633 is anything special and M1 0w-40 Euro meets more stringent standards.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I just got a case of A0921. I have 4 qts of the old number and am going to mix them. I don't see a problem.:unsure::)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I just got a case of A0921. I have 4 qts of the old number and am going to mix them. I don't see a problem.:unsure::)
All they did is print a new label:cool:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I had found something about MS-12633 being a wear spec for fleet duty vehicles, and the new MS-A0921 is an attached spec for the new GL-6 oils.

I doubt anyone on this forum lets their oil go 7500 miles before they change it. It looks like you could keep buying the new PUP oil and be fine.

Buy what makes you and your wallet feel good.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I had found something about MS-12633 being a wear spec for fleet duty vehicles, and the new MS-A0921 is an attached spec for the new GL-6 oils.

I doubt anyone on this forum lets their oil go 7500 miles before they change it. It looks like you could keep buying the new PUP oil and be fine.

I know someone:p

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Would you believe 250ish miles???

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

you really need to drive your car more 250 miles is what I do in a weekend sometimes. And the oil is still good:)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

yes......yes I would.

It curdles after 6 months :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

I just changed mine yesterday at 1300mi. I am a slob! :LOL:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That's like cats and dogs living together. The whole matrix of the universe will become undone. For God's sake don't do it! :p

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
That's like cats and dogs living together. The whole matrix of the universe will become undone. For God's sake don't do it! :p
I must, I must.:D

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US