Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Me against Plaid who would win???

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I picked up a new client today who has a brand-new Plaid. My car is in the shop getting ported Demon Redeye Heads. Before this mod at 4100 feet, I ran 9.60. I could have run a 9.5. So, I believe at 4000-5000 feet I can run 9.2 to 9.3 fully weighted assuming all is well with the car when I get it back. My new client is a U Tuber and will have us videotaped to put on U Tube. He states that in order to get that 4000 feet of DA it has to be pretty cold out because the static elevation is 3100 feet at the track. Agreed. But he also thinks his battery does not charge as fully in cooler weather. I always thought a Plaid would run quicker at higher DAs since the air was thinner. Less resistance. So, assuming no driver error with high reaction times, which he may have due to inexperience who is going to win? I think if we had equal reaction times, I would win with a car length. 9.28 at 145 is my guestimate for me. My guesstimate for him is 9.38 at 148 or so. What say you? Either way, it should be close. And this will happen assuming my car is up and running in a few weeks. It should be fun.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
There are 2 plaids that run at our track regularly. They are both gutted as in not even a dash. I think one has a record at about 8.8. I have seen them run 8.9-9.1 regularly in the heat and the cold.
No idea how much weight is out of these things or how that weight would affect performance.
I have no idea what one runs normally.
I know what car I'm hoping wins.😉 Good luck.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I drove one it’s pretty insane. And I never even got to the race Mode setting.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Biggest advantage the plaid has is it should run the same time in any DA. You are giving up 4-5 tenths at 4000 DA

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
^^^I was going to say the same thing.

As far as the less wind resistance at altitude thing, I think in theory that's true and there were a couple guys up here at 5350 feet who thought they would see a difference compared to people at sea level with their plaids but they are basically running the same times and trap speeds as people off of the mountains.

Beat him!

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
E.V.’s are tearing up the old Pikes Peak Hillclimb times.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #7
I have nothing against them. Just don’t force them down our throat. Let it happen naturally like coal mining.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If you own a Hellcat, and not some gay Tesla, you already win.

Kind of like shooting a target with a .50 BMG or a laser. The laser may be faster and silent, but the .50 BMG is louder, sexier, and far more bad ass!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
If you own a Hellcat, and not some gay Tesla, you already win.

Kind of like shooting a target with a .50 BMG or a laser. The laser may be faster and silent, but the .50 BMG is louder, sexier, and far more bad ass!
Barrett M107A1 is my next "firearm" purchase

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread detail since .50 BMG was mentioned…at least it’s cheaper than .338 Lapua!

…now back to your regularly scheduled thread…

I don’t think that wind resistance would really come into play unless you’re talking a standing mile or similar type top speed run though…the Plaid likely has a lower cD but the Challenger isn’t a brick either…well it’s a sexier brick maybe…!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
When does the Refuel the ICE to the Ev challenge ever posted????

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
You will have your work cut out for you against a Plaid. I have seen a few stock Plaids run at my local track and they run anywhere from 9.20's - 9.50's with inexperienced drivers, if all you are changing on your car is adding ported heads then I would give the edge to the Plaid, they really are an easy car to go fast in, I hope you prove me wrong.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #13
I am getting on the treadmill right after my pepperoni pizza. Lighten up??? And go faster!!! 😊

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
It'll be a good run. Plaids are consistently in the 9.2-9.5 range as long as they have a good SOC. Boring ass vehicles but they are fast as hell.

Work on making sure your reaction time is better than his. You can still win even if he's a little quicker if you tree him

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #15
For me it used to be just getting traction. One night I got two .000,s back to back. Now at advancing to Medicare age it is two fold. Making sure I get traction and not sleeping at the light. But if the car is running well it should run 9.3 or so at 4-5k feet. It will be close. I will actually help him by telling him to go around the water box and to leave on the third yellow.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Spray down the house and make sure the Plaid ante's up if there is money involved.