Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Looking for 8HP90

Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Does anyone have a 8hp90 for charger/challenger for sale?

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
There's a few on Facebook marketplace

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #3
A quick search for my location only shows one, and that one “appears” to be a scam. They have the same picture that they posted in 2018 on Hellcat org now on Facebook market place. Very Suspect

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@douglassl arw you looking for a built one ??

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@douglassl ypu can text me at 901-568-3001

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #7
@douglassl arw you looking for a built one ??
No, the only thing that may need to be modified is the need for a Redeye Toque Converter.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I’m sorry I don’t have any good used ones laying around

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #9
I’m sorry I don’t have any good used ones laying around
No problem, thanks for the effort.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Have you considered building your transmission is there something wrong with yours

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #11
Have you considered building your transmission is there something wrong with yours
I have the original 2006 Charger SRT. I favor that that body model more over the current day round Chargers. Nothing negative about the current day ones, just a personal visual preference of mine. I’m removing the older components 6.1 Engine, Nag Trans, and 3.06 Rear off mine for the newer stuff 6.2 Engine, 8HP90 Trans, 3.09 Rear. I bought the my rear cradle from Cleveland Performance, my Redeye Crate from Mopar and now I’m looking to score a trans out here in the market. I built the rear to handle more HP/Tq than it will ever see along with the driveshaft. My suspension mods just arrived after being on backorder since December. So it’s coming together piece by piece. After I am able to secure me a good and “legally” proven trans, then begins my wiring journey, which should be a cake walk besides the Doors(window switches/motors and door lock switches/motors). Plus the little here and there gotchas like the new dual fuel pump for Redeyes from the factory.

Attachments

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I have the original 2006 Charger SRT. I favor that that body model more over the current day round Chargers. Nothing negative about the current day ones, just a personal visual preference of mine. I’m removing the older components 6.1 Engine, Nag Trans, and 3.06 Rear off mine for the newer stuff 6.2 Engine, 8HP90 Trans, 3.09 Rear. I bought the my rear cradle from Cleveland Performance, my Redeye Crate from Mopar and now I’m looking to score a trans out here in the market. I built the rear to handle more HP/Tq than it will ever see along with the driveshaft. My suspension mods just arrived after being on backorder since December. So it’s coming together piece by piece. After I am able to secure me a good and “legally” proven trans, then begins my wiring journey, which should be a cake walk besides the Doors(window switches/motors and door lock switches/motors). Plus the little here and there gotchas like the new dual fuel pump for Redeyes from the factory.
Great stuff brother but can I ask you what a legally proven trans is ??? I’ve never seen an illegal transmission before ,as for proven well I had well over 400 track passes on mine

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #13
Great stuff brother but can I ask you what a legally proven trans is ??? I’ve never seen an illegal transmission before ,as for proven well I had well over 400 track passes on mine
Thank You, I mean legal as in, my car can’t be impound or taken by the Law because there are hot parts on it, because we do buy these vehicles to do excess speeds :). I’m hoping to have my baby as an actual historical vehicle on dream cruise 25/30yrs from 2006. Lastly by proven, I mean I don’t want to buy a used trans that sounds like a bag of bolts when it arrives at my door step, lol.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thank You, I mean legal as in, my car can’t be impound or taken by the Law because there are hot parts on it, because we do buy these vehicles to do excess speeds :). I’m hoping to have my baby as an actual historical vehicle on dream cruise 25/30yrs from 2006. Lastly by proven, I mean I don’t want to buy a used trans that sounds like a bag of bolts when it arrives at my door step, lol.
I understand but fortunately I don’t deal in hit parts lol , if you don’t have any luck finding me I can build you one but there would be a core charge added
Good luck on the build I bet it’s gonna be awesome

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #15
I understand but fortunately I don’t deal in hit parts lol , if you don’t have any luck finding me I can build you one but there would be a core charge added
Good luck on the build I bet it’s gonna be awesome
Thank You, and I’m really pushing to get it done within the next 2-3 months. I’m between a house move, so once the Wife and Kids are all setup in the new home... time to live in the garage for me.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
A quick search for my location only shows one, and that one “appears” to be a scam. They have the same picture that they posted in 2018 on Hellcat org now on Facebook market place. Very Suspect
Yeah Facebook has stuff listed that is bullshit, but you can find some honest people giving out some great deals. I always go and pick up whatever I buy from Facebook marketplace I don't trust people enough to have them ship it to me.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
That square body is going to catch some people off guard for sure.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Doug, you're going to give a few folks a nice surprise with that ... good on you mate.

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Royal Oak
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger
Thread Starter #19
Thanks Jack and Magnified, I called myself just trying to replicate a Charger Redeye but come to find out the Redeye Crate is the same one they place in the Super Stocks this year. Now that I’m nearing the ending phase of the gathering parts process, I noticed that instead of just buying stock parts, I’m buying all reinforced and stronger than stock parts. Currently today, I want to have it running on pump 93 when it is all said and done but that little voice in the back of my head keeps saying... What If you want more power? So today I’m looking for a stock trans but history is telling me that, that What If guy is going to have me buying a built Trans sooner not later, lol.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For what it's worth, I just completed a high dollar transaction with @hellno, and without issue, shipped all the way across the country.

He's a known member and a legitimate business owner.