Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Living a few hundred yards from a 4 lane plus turn lane and full shoulders section of roadway around a hill with no side entrances but one...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Late at night like this I can hear hot rods go out there, and sport bikes, etc..., and hear them race or get on it when they're alone. There is huge room, but changes in elevation and the road curves sharply. You can tell a lot about the driver by the sound. Two v-6s that don't know what they're doing. A guy with a well tuned ride who is having a good short run. A guy with a ride who can't shift a manual well. Bike who let that curve sneak up on him. And on the other side about a quarter mile further down hill is the mile plus straight with no side roads where I ran that Camaro upto 115 or 120. Can hear things there in the night when it's quiet too. Not annoying, but just enough that you can tell what is happening. lol, not annoying (well, usually not) but almost comforting in a way; I will get on my ride periodically too, so if they're doing it right, and are safe, kind of like hearing a kindred spirit.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I think it should read a “few hundred “yards”...

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #3
lol, yes, it was only a small section of the great big road (Martin Luther King Boulevard) that we ran on.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
lol, yes, it was only a small section of the great big road (Martin Luther King Boulevard) that we ran on.
Every town has a MLK Blvd.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I have a similar situation. I live just up a hill from a blvd below. The hill below goes quite a distance before my home and a distance after. You couldn't run fast for the whole distance (at least I don't) without risk of someone coming out of some drive ways. However, there's some long enough runs for you to have some brief fun without the side access risk. Well, on weekend days and just about any night (sometimes pretty late) cars come from beyond locally to run that blvd. Many run the full distance late at night without fearing the risk of side entry (probably a fairly safe bet). I can usually tell by the exhaust whether it's a Corvette / Camaro; a Mustang or Mopar and then the several Lambos that come from the next town. Sometimes it will be a single car getting on it and sometimes it's two of them racing. Pretty crazy and sounds like music to my ears. When sitting on my couch at night with my wife, I act all disgusted for her sake when we hear them, but I want so badly to get the Red Eye out and go challenge any of them! SInce they're right below my house sometimes, I start to take it personal like they're "calling me out"! lololol One of the Lambos goes for quite a distance and has to be hitting 150. Crazy. That one does bother me a little. (speed limit is 45)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Fixed title from years to yards.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Reminds me of the sounds we used to hear, especially on weekends, when living in CA.
Had a really good visual of the canyon road below, and it was fairly common to hear motorcycles go "waah, waaah, waaaah......thud.

Walked over to see which of the favorite crash spots it had occurred in, then went back to working on stuff if there were no flames.
Not all that many minutes later came the sounds of police and/or ambulance. And in about 30% of the cases, that was followed by the unmistakable sound of a helicopter.

An hour or two later, a wrecker would usually show up. And then it all repeated itself, over and over.

Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX