Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Have Hellcat Powered Vehicles "Ruined" It For You With Other Performance Vehicles?

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Yep. It only took me a few cars to find the only one I’ll ever need.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yes, Mopar or No Car!

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
They haven't ruined anything for me. I still have my old-iron for racing and hanging with the people of the cool-era of America. I really don't know why I bought a 300C and Hellcat...except to say I'd never had them before.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I thinking about replacing the HC with a Prius.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I know you have heard me say this before, but we are extremely lucky to have this 2nd and probably last (and best) resurgence of the Muscle Car. I was too young and broke to get into Muscle Cars even when they were used and cheap! (One of many I passed up was a ‘69 Z28 for $900.)

I truly believe what we now own are the equivalent of the 426’s of the old days. Everyone knows what they are, you can’t buy them new anymore, there will always be a following, and even if Ford or Chev comes out with something better, these will still be a legend. It’s not just a car, it’s part of history.

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
I know you have heard me say this before, but we are extremely lucky to have this 2nd and probably last (and best) resurgence of the Muscle Car. I was too young and broke to get into Muscle Cars even when they were used and cheap! (One of many I passed up was a ‘69 Z28 for $900.)

I truly believe what we now own are the equivalent of the 426’s of the old days. Everyone knows what they are, you can’t buy them new anymore, there will always be a following, and even if Ford or Chev comes out with something better, these will still be a legend. It’s not just a car, it’s part of history.
I completely agree with you. We can only hope that there will be some left after all the ones that are stolen, crashed and beaten into the ground.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock

I had a 69 Cutlass, a 69 Mach 1, 70 Nova numerous Camaros and Trans Ams through the 80-90s when they were cheap! Wish I still had them but I’ve got my modern muscle and plan to keep this time.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I completely agree with you. We can only hope that there will be some left after all the ones that are stolen, crashed and beaten into the ground.
Just think though it will make those left worth more…hopefully😎

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Not really, my Turbo Mustang is scary fast...... From a Dig my Mopar is king tho!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Ha! I love My Hellcat Charger a mix of a performance car and a muscle car and I probably love it a lot more because when not Daily Driving it, I am driving a Dually Diesel F350. I do have another car, that I like to drive in the warmer weather, Top down and shift around town.
Before Top Cat was modded I enjoyed driving it too. Challengers are slightly different I guess maybe handling. I've owned 2 Furious Fuchsia 2010 SRT8 Challengers and the Performance of a Hellcat is totally different!

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Like the title says, has owning a Hellcat powered vehicle ruined the driving experience when driving other Performance vehicles? Myself along with others have other performance vehicles in the stable. I certainly love my others for different reasons but I find myself gravitating towards driving my Hellcat Challenger more these days. I really love the driving experience. The sound, comfort, great amenities and of course the tire boiling power as well as the way the power is delivered (instantly, maybe I'm just used to my Turbo Buicks' though.) Decent MPG if you can drive it like you're taking your driving test and the capability of being able to drive it cross country in comfort is so impressive to me. My only regret is not getting some skin in the game sooner.

Just curious what others here thought about this question.
I know the TRX has ruined pretty much any half ton truck on the market for me! 700hp in a truck with 35” tires is awesome. The TRX is my only vehicle (I don’t count the wife’s truck- that’s her daily), and I just don’t know what truck would replace it? I had to run an errand yesterday that gave me a wide open on ramp. The damn thing broke traction when I launched it! I know the TRX isn’t Challenger/Charger Hellcat performance, but it’s still damn fun!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I will say getting in my GNX after being painted for 3 years love that car noting like it.
I will drive my c7 z06 everyday over the hellcat.
my c8 the girlfriend drive more. I’m not impressed with that car.
but of all cars the 04 grand am takes the cake.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For me I enjoy throwing around a light car through windy roads.

Something like a Cayman with the 6 cylinder or a 911. Don't need a Turbo S to enjoy the 911. A Carrera 4S will do a great job while offering creature comforts.

The BMW M3 Competition Xdrive is another great car. It's not a lightweight but will carve out some mountain roads in grand style.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Ah, yes, the famous and popular windy roads in Florida.

Or maybe I misunderstood you and you really meant driving on straight roads in hurricanes?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Ah, yes, the famous and popular windy roads in Florida.

Or maybe I misunderstood you and you really meant driving on straight roads in hurricanes?
It's only a few hours to Georgia and the Carolinas. Some of the best mountain roads in the country like Tail of the Dragon.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Guess I'm spoiled from living in the Santa Monica Mts. and here.

Where it's a few hours to Interstates and cities, but the twisties are all roads. It's just a matter of how sharp the curves are.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Guess I'm spoiled from living in the Santa Monica Mts. and here.

Where it's a few hours to Interstates and cities, but the twisties are all roads. It's just a matter of how sharp the curves are.
We are only minutes from backroads here since we're fairly still rural.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Without a doubt, tho many would argue that I was 'ruined' long before Hellcats came on the stage :unsure::whistle:

OP
Hellride 6.2 HO
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
I will say getting in my GNX after being painted for 3 years love that car noting like it.
I will drive my c7 z06 everyday over the hellcat.
my c8 the girlfriend drive more. I’m not impressed with that car.
but of all cars the 04 grand am takes the cake.
What number GNX? I lived right near where the conversions were done. A friend worked there and installed the turbo's on them. As I said earlier in my post, I have two Turbo T's and do still enjoy them but the 'Cat has been my go to lately.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Where else could get a 700hp car for around 60k? But now how they figure they'll get people to buy the EV's at 70k?