Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Give me your tired, your poorly running and clogged injectors!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Just kidding, partially. Just wanted to give the community at large a heads up that I've been learning how to clean and service injectors. I enjoy it enough that I bought a quite sizeable machine to do the work, invested in fluids from Injector Rehab and Ultra-Flow and all parts to service your injectors. I'd like to offer this service to the community at large and I started Injector Cleanup (website soon!). I'm trying to do this right so I went the official route and got a nice shiny green vendor badge. I am currently able to service Siemens (stock Chrysler mostly), ID and FIC injectors. If you have other types/brands of injectors I will gladly service them but they will take a little bit longer to process as I don't keep the uncommon injector parts in stock (ID and FIC are Bosch just in case you are wondering) but can get them easily and quickly shipped.

As a highlight what I do to service your injectors:
  1. Ohms check (gatekeeper check)
  2. Static ultrasonic cleaning in my bigger ultrasonic cleaning tub.
  3. Dynamic ultrasonic cleaning pulsing the injector in ultrasonic fluid
  4. Pressure leak check at 75 PSI
  5. Acceleration check x3
  6. High speed test at 43.5 psi x2
  7. Medium speed test at 43.5 psi x2
  8. All o-rings replaced
  9. Caps added if missing
  10. Bagged and indivi
All metrics are recorded and put into a report and then emailed to you. 24 Hours after sending the report expect shipping and they are out the door. It's simple, place an order on the site, throw a copy of your invoice or invoice order number in the box with the injectors and first come first serve (packaging instructions are on the site). I'm still working out the kinks on a lot of this but I think by this weekend I'll have the site fully functional and ready to go for smooth buying experience. Sadly the longest part has been waitin for LLC and EIN numbers to process. Thanks Uncle Sam! I've already processed a few sets locally, I'm also able to do sell/share where if you have a set of injectors that you want to sell, I can service them and post them on the site for sale... win-win situation unless you want to chuck them up on the for sale section here, but if you've been running them hard you should definitely get them cleaned/tested.

Of note, if an injector fails the OHM check (reads 0L) the injector will be marked as unservicable and the client will be notified immediately. Here are some pics of my humble setup.

23ED0C58-ED6E-4E62-B325-217CA87AFE78.jpeg 6823344B-1D7B-474E-BA81-92B11E463305.jpeg 8F4EC422-6092-4520-9C28-C7F458A565CB.jpeg A062E302-C5C1-4951-B7A0-DCDA7B5E6880.jpeg 1C599173-5820-454E-A23B-FA72F78C5236.jpeg 3B4A60A7-2DA1-402C-8B1D-B360A7DDFD6A.jpeg 8C2FA444-5C39-4384-B162-9C642ED7FE3D.jpeg
First set of injectors ready to be delivered!
4389F46F-29DC-4F8E-BCDB-5DD1441608B6.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Best of luck with your venture!

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Good idea, 👍 best of luck. Rather pay someone who cares for the service rather than someone I found on google

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good luck with this man!

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Great job buddy. ill send you mine once the season is over. see how well the 1R does in them for an entire season.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Good idea, 👍 best of luck. Rather pay someone who cares for the service rather than someone I found on google
Thank you, I’m hustling to get the site all buttoned up. The invoices and templates take a hot minute to get right.

Great job buddy. ill send you mine once the season is over. see how well the 1R does in them for an entire season.
you know the deal, in November just yank em out while we are at the track and hand em to me 😂

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Yikes, big investment and lots of work, good luck!

When I cleaned the injectors on my GTO, I first ultrasoniced them, then I lathe cut a piece of delrin to adapt the tube of the spray carb cleaner to fit the injector, and a 1.5v battery to actuate the injector, then sprayed continuously while cycling the injector. Seemed to work.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Nice set up!!
Can you reverse flush injectors too?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Nice set up!!
Can you reverse flush injectors too?
I definitely can! Would only do this if there was an injector with a really bad spray pattern. Usually the ultrasonic cleaner gets it right. Most FIC or ID injectors have screens. I've requested the documentation from them on how to service those screens. The Siemens injectors have baskets and if the spray pattern is odd it will come out and be replaced after reverse flushing doesn't fix it.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Can you flow match? Would be handy to have a set within a few % of each other.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
I cannot match a set that is already sent to me. When injectors are bought in bulk by FIC or ID they are cleaned, tested for resistance and then statically flow tested. Statically flow testing them requires a machine that is outside of my price range right now because the injector is opened for a pre-determined set of time and then the fluid captured at the end of the test. As an example my FIC 1650's flow near 1500cc's in reality. 1500ml (or cc) is a lot of fluid, my test machine only goes to 140ml and the rest would make my house a mess and smell really bad. 😂 With this data and a large volume of injectors available a company like FIC can then match them to be within a percentage. So as mentioned this is already done from the factory and if you send me eight injectors, I can only give you yours back. Now the next item that big companies can do that I can't is balancing. Once again the barrier to entry for that is really high. Only companies like Bosch, Denso or Siemens can afford the highly specialized equpiment to measure injector lag. Maybe one day in my wildest dreams I could afford a machine like that. Even the shop that I buy most of my supplies from Injector Rehab cannot even do that testing.

The advantage my testing has though and something you cannot measure at home with a DIY injector cleaning kit (spray bottle of injector cleaner, tube, 9v battery to keep injector open) is the acceleration test. If a injector is good at one time span but not another I will catch that, you will see either the injector hang or not open enough and the fluid differential will be telling. With the data I provide in the report if you want to ensure that the engine is runnign as smooth as possible lets use the following example data set.

Injector 1 - 4 flow at 45cc/min
injector 5 flows at 50cc/min
injector 6 flows at 49cc/min
injector 7 - 8 flow at 47cc/min.

Using the above information and knowing the engines firing order, the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 for hellcats fyi.

Cylinder 1 - injector 1
Cylinder 8 - injector 2
Cylinder 4 - injector 3
Cylinder 3 - injector 4
Cylinder 6 - injector 5
Cylinder 5 - injector 6
Cylinder 7 - injector 7
Cylinder 2 - injector 8

Then you can ensure that there is at least a balance in the firing order and left to right. You can skin the above cat many ways. For legal reasons I will not be providing characterization data as that could conflict with ID, FIC or the OEM's data as provided from the factory and this could cause issues with tuners as they use the already supplied data in base calibrations.

Can you flow match? Would be handy to have a set within a few % of each other.
Hope the above answers your question

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Pretty much, I understand the cost constraints of specialized equipment and the ROI. Deal with similar things daily. But, I might be sending in a set to you ina month to clean and check for the upcoming season...Thank you!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
You got it! Your patronage is appreciated!

Pretty much, I understand the cost constraints of specialized equipment and the ROI. Deal with similar things daily. But, I might be sending in a set to you ina month to clean and check for the upcoming season...Thank you!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Just kidding, partially. Just wanted to give the community at large a heads up that I've been learning how to clean and service injectors. I enjoy it enough that I bought a quite sizeable machine to do the work, invested in fluids from Injector Rehab and Ultra-Flow and all parts to service your injectors. I'd like to offer this service to the community at large and I started Injector Cleanup (website soon!). I'm trying to do this right so I went the official route and got a nice shiny green vendor badge. I am currently able to service Siemens (stock Chrysler mostly), ID and FIC injectors. If you have other types/brands of injectors I will gladly service them but they will take a little bit longer to process as I don't keep the uncommon injector parts in stock (ID and FIC are Bosch just in case you are wondering) but can get them easily and quickly shipped.

As a highlight what I do to service your injectors:
  1. Ohms check (gatekeeper check)
  2. Static ultrasonic cleaning in my bigger ultrasonic cleaning tub.
  3. Dynamic ultrasonic cleaning pulsing the injector in ultrasonic fluid
  4. Pressure leak check at 75 PSI
  5. Acceleration check x3
  6. High speed test at 43.5 psi x2
  7. Medium speed test at 43.5 psi x2
  8. All o-rings replaced
  9. Caps added if missing
  10. Bagged and indivi
All metrics are recorded and put into a report and then emailed to you. 24 Hours after sending the report expect shipping and they are out the door. It's simple, place an order on the site, throw a copy of your invoice or invoice order number in the box with the injectors and first come first serve (packaging instructions are on the site). I'm still working out the kinks on a lot of this but I think by this weekend I'll have the site fully functional and ready to go for smooth buying experience. Sadly the longest part has been waitin for LLC and EIN numbers to process. Thanks Uncle Sam! I've already processed a few sets locally, I'm also able to do sell/share where if you have a set of injectors that you want to sell, I can service them and post them on the site for sale... win-win situation unless you want to chuck them up on the for sale section here, but if you've been running them hard you should definitely get them cleaned/tested.

Of note, if an injector fails the OHM check (reads 0L) the injector will be marked as unservicable and the client will be notified immediately. Here are some pics of my humble setup.

View attachment 100558 View attachment 100559 View attachment 100560 View attachment 100561 View attachment 100562 View attachment 100563 View attachment 100564
First set of injectors ready to be delivered!
View attachment 100565
Very nice!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
Doing upgrades already. Once the injectors pass ohm testing. Just gonna wholesale bathe them.

6475A6DE-E02E-4472-91C9-C119D06885C9.jpeg
then after a dry off period, then ill do the pulsed ultrasonic cleaning at the machine, less fluid swaps and cleaner fluid all around.

also the digital store is coming along, shopify has a lot of options!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Doing upgrades already. Once the injectors pass ohm testing. Just gonna wholesale bathe them.

View attachment 101286
then after a dry off period, then ill do the pulsed ultrasonic cleaning at the machine, less fluid swaps and cleaner fluid all around.

also the digital store is coming along, shopify has a lot of options!
Sick man! Very thorough