Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Foam Cannon Issue

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Foam Cannon just started not foaming and dripping water out of the end. Took a part on no blockages

20210717_114932.jpg

Mesh filter looks good, but maybe will change that out?

Anyone have their foam cannon stop working? I always run clean water through before putting away for storage. Pressure washer seems fine, so not sure it is that.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hmm and not a fan of these myself. But maybe I just dont understand the concept. And sorry if I am not answering your question. But WTH is the deal when using these? I mean is the whole idea you can foam your whole car and magically all the Dirt comes off???? I dont see how that is possible without actually using a sponge. I have used one now on two of my vehicles and each one has a film of dirt on it afterwards and yeh sure she looks clean but what gives. LOL guess this is to fancy for me I just like washing my cars with the sponge and soap.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
My guess is foam agitator...going to order new one and keep thread updated.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Hmm and not a fan of these myself. But maybe I just dont understand the concept. And sorry if I am not answering your question. But WTH is the deal when using these? I mean is the whole idea you can foam your whole car and magically all the Dirt comes off???? I dont see how that is possible without actually using a sponge. I have used one now on two of my vehicles and each one has a film of dirt on it afterwards and yeh sure she looks clean but what gives. LOL guess this is to fancy for me I just like washing my cars with the sponge and soap.
I prefer foam cannon to get the soap on the vehicle and most areas I do not touch with a sponge. I do a hybrid touchless wash, which a foam cannon allows me to do. I also have a DI water machine and use a repurposed leaf blower to dry. Am I preventing scratches? I have no idea?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
+1 on the leaf blower for drying.

I also don't get the point of the foam cannon or touchless washing in general. We have touchless car washes here and they all seem to leave a film behind.

Maybe the fact that we get much more rain here than other places, that makes the dirt stick more after it dries vs living someplace where you're just taking off the layer of dust due to lack of rain.

I know that many don't drive their special cars in the rain, so that also may work in their favor when it comes to using a touchless wash.

I'll study this more indepth after I retire and move to a place where it doesn't rain every other day :LOL:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I have rarely used anything but a “foam” method on mine. Works great.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I prefer foam cannon to get the soap on the vehicle and most areas I do not touch with a sponge. I do a hybrid touchless wash, which a foam cannon allows me to do. I also have a DI water machine and use a repurposed leaf blower to dry. Am I preventing scratches? I have no idea?
I also use a cannon, DI water for the final rinse, and a leaf blower to dry.

The foam enables me to get a better coverage of soap. I will use mitts once it's soaped up. A dedicated one for the lower areas,(rockers and bumpers).

Using the DI rinse enables me to take my time drying and not having to chase water spots.

I'll use the leaf blower first and then a towel for the little that's left.

I find it to be a lot easier for me.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Foam Cannon just started not foaming and dripping water out of the end. Took a part on no blockages

View attachment 49294

Mesh filter looks good, but maybe will change that out?

Anyone have their foam cannon stop working? I always run clean water through before putting away for storage. Pressure washer seems fine, so not sure it is that.
What brand is it?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Mine stopped a month or so ago. It was a cheap Amazon one I could never get to work right. I bought a chemical guys one prime day on sale and it works much better than the cheap one I bought a while back. Never took it apart or look into it. None of my outside houses are on the water softener. So maybe that killed it but I doubt it as my water is super hard.
I will saw I think it helps. I know people who don’t like putting water on their cars and only detail spray or a waterless wash. Well you can tell those cars because they are so swirled up at the car shows.
I like my foam canon especially on my truck makes it a lot easier to wash. I have been debating about buying some sort of leaf blower to dry. I think it’d really help like what you do.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The leaf blower works well to assist drying and cut down time. It forces the water out of those places that the water seems to drip from forever while you're towel drying. I use the blower to do the overall water removal and then finish with a towel. Makes the whole drying process faster and less of a hassle. I just use the same one that I use for........regular 'ol leaf blowing. I have a gas one, others have electric. I don't know that there's an advantage of one over the others, you just need some good blower speed to force enough air to be beneficial.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I use foam like a pre-wash, I don't wash often enough for it to be enough on its own.

For drying I have a battery operated leaf blower, really good as no wires or messing about with gas/small engine. I have their mower and other tools so already had the batteries. With a 2Ah battery you can't be slow at the job before the battery dies, its the most power sucking tool I've got and lasts a much shorter time than their self powered mower.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I just wash my car with soap and water and dry with my absorber thing.:unsure:

1626615380640.png

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Has to be the foam agitator as there was no blockage anywhere. Will report back soon.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I just wash my car with soap and water and dry with my absorber thing.:unsure:

View attachment 49338
Right and this is what concerns me one of my employees has now twice given me Foamers😳. And he is the LAZIEST car guy in the world. He won’t wash his car for anything in the world 😂. And now he’s telling me he watches the dirt dissolve and fall of the car😂. But he just hoses it off and then he’s done and doesn’t wipe her down. Yeh yeh I get it but I am too old school. Started washing my dads cars when I was 10 years old and now lol 48 years later still hand washing my cars😁

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Right and this is what concerns me one of my employees has now twice given me Foamers😳. And he is the LAZIEST car guy in the world. He won’t wash his car for anything in the world 😂. And now he’s telling me he watches the dirt dissolve and fall of the car😂. But he just hoses it off and then he’s done and doesn’t wipe her down. Yeh yeh I get it but I am too old school. Started washing my dads cars when I was 10 years old and now lol 48 years later still hand washing my cars😁
For me not about laziness rather reducing scratches. Have no idea if making a difference, but it sure is fun spraying that foam 😂🤣😅🤣.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Mtm hydro Professional.
MTM is a great company. I believe they'll make it right.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I use foam like a pre-wash, I don't wash often enough for it to be enough on its own.

For drying I have a battery operated leaf blower, really good as no wires or messing about with gas/small engine. I have their mower and other tools so already had the batteries. With a 2Ah battery you can't be slow at the job before the battery dies, its the most power sucking tool I've got and lasts a much shorter time than their self powered mower.
I also use a battery blower. Makes it much easier. I can go one car without changing the battery.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Mine stopped a month or so ago. It was a cheap Amazon one I could never get to work right. I bought a chemical guys one prime day on sale and it works much better than the cheap one I bought a while back. Never took it apart or look into it. None of my outside houses are on the water softener. So maybe that killed it but I doubt it as my water is super hard.
I will saw I think it helps. I know people who don’t like putting water on their cars and only detail spray or a waterless wash. Well you can tell those cars because they are so swirled up at the car shows.
I like my foam canon especially on my truck makes it a lot easier to wash. I have been debating about buying some sort of leaf blower to dry. I think it’d really help like what you do.
The MTM and Griot's are the best ones I've seen. No pot metal, all brass and/or stainless construction.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

Foam cannons are awesome for distributing the suds and letting you just go to town with the microfiber glove… that’s what I do.
Most of the people that use foam cannons don’t have “dirt” on their rides, they have dust, and the rinse, foam, rinse cycle is usually enough to disperse the dust because it gets caught up in the foam… making it touchless.
@Hellcatcfp - my pressure washer took a shit while I was rinsing the bike, so it was a scramble to get the hose setup before the soap dried. For this one I did a rinse, foam, rinse, foam, glove & bucket, rinse again. Because… well, the bike was dirtier than my Hellcat ever got.
So my cannon stopped working but so did my other tips. I’ll have to look into it another time. I garbage picked this thing like 5 years ago, so it doesn’t owe me anything. I wouldn’t mind going electric now anyway.
Good luck with your repair, and keep us posted!

Attachments