Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Flex fuel datalog

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I am hoping someone could share their flex fuel datalog with me on a car tuned by Dusterhoff.
Thanks ahead of time. I’m mostly looking for part throttle but you can post a wot or all of the above.
To clarify for people. I am wanting to look at STFT in the datalog to compare against my tune which is also tuned by Dusterhoff

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thought there would be a few with a Dusterhoof tune

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I am hoping someone could share their flex fuel datalog with me on a car tuned by Dusterhoff.
Thanks ahead of time. I’m mostly looking for part throttle but you can post a wot or all of the above.
Very interested in this. Not going to drop names, but I just called a very famous 'Hemituner' shop in my area day before yesterday and asked about a flex tune. They do not offer it anymore because the "software is just not perfected". Wondering how Dusterhoff customers are fairing with the 'infered logic' tunes on a long term basis. Very interested.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #4
Very interested in this. Not going to drop names, but I just called a very famous 'Hemituner' shop in my area day before yesterday and asked about a flex tune. They do not offer it anymore because the "software is just not perfected". Wondering how Dusterhoff customers are fairing with the 'infered logic' tunes on a long term basis. Very interested.
I have no comments yet at this point. I’ll make another thread. I want more information first. I will say there is a glitch with hp tuners that affects some cars were the fans will never shut off when using a flex fuel tune. Mine is one of the lucky cars I wish I would have been made aware before spending the extra money

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That's an odd side effect with the fans.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #6
That's an odd side effect with the fans.
Right. I have even reached out to hp tuners and curt has been working with them for awhile on it. I’m not sure if it is just 2018 models or they all have the potential.
I may send hp tuners another message on it and report back if they give me an answer this time.

Last edited:
OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #7
Regarding the fans. Straight from hp tuners

Hello Jon,

Thanks for contacting Support. I have heard of this and this is being researched currently but it has not yet been resolved. I do not have an estimate as to when a solution will be found.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Tell them to look for this. Then hit off

1623874800692.png

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
You're probably going to be waiting a while. If there really is a bug or conflict in code, it's going to be extremely difficult and time consuming for them to track down unless they have documented or notated source code for the OS from Chrysler to work with (unlikely).

You might be better off finding a way to have a different factory calibration id flashed in which may have a chance of working properly. Maybe...

Last edited:
OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #10
You're probably going to be waiting a while. If there really is a bug or conflict in code, it's going to be extremely difficult and time consuming for them to track down unless they have documented or notated source code for the OS from Chrysler to work (unlikely).

You might be better off finding a way to have a different factory calibration id flashed in which may have a chance of working properly. Maybe...
Interesting.
I have wondered if the issue is I had a Diablo swapped pcm before going to hp tuners. Since I have an 18 I had to send the pcm to hp tuners for whatever they have to do since they don’t let hp tuners work with a Diablo unlocked pcm. With you saying a factory calibration this has me thinking it could be more of a chance.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I know @Speedy! can help.
e

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Interesting.
I have wondered if the issue is I had a Diablo swapped pcm before going to hp tuners. Since I have an 18 I had to send the pcm to hp tuners for whatever they have to do since they don’t let hp tuners work with a Diablo unlocked pcm. With you saying a factory calibration this has me thinking it could be more of a chance.
From the factory, they may have different "versions" of the calibration that get released over time for your specific year/model/trim. If one is "bugged" another might not be. Or yes, maybe there's a conflict with what was previously a Diablo modified tune. Check with your tuner about the idea before you move forward though, they might not agree, need time to coordinate the re-tune on a different calibration id or there may be some other factors I haven't thought about.

Sucks when things don't go the way of the "happy" path, hope you get sorted.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #13
If he has a datalog from this tuner from another forum member he may feel it is not his to share. If he wants to share then great.
some people get a little nervous sharing their data logs for some reason. I want to use another flex fuel datalog from him to compare some things with fueling that I want to see if it is his normal.
Like I’ve said before I really wish the hemi community would be a little more open when it comes to tuning.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If he has a datalog from this tuner from another forum member he may feel it is not his to share. If he wants to share then great.
some people get a little nervous sharing their data logs for some reason. I want to use another flex fuel datalog from him to compare some things with fueling that I want to see if it is his normal.
Like I’ve said before I really wish the hemi community would be a little more open when it comes to tuning.
Noticed this same thing ever since I joined "the community" a little over 5yrs ago. Been a problem (sharing) since the beginning. I've been vocal on that more than once in different threads. Good luck with that.
Although I must say there are members who do share their info @Hpindy, @16GoManGoHC2 , @Speedy! being some of the best. I believe you're correct, if Speedy wouldn't share it's only because someone who shared with him asked him not to.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Right. I have even reached out to hp tuners and curt has been working with them for awhile on it. I’m not sure if it is just 2018 models or they all have the potential.
I may send hp tuners another message on it and report back if they give me an answer this time.
Mine is a 2018 and I do not have this issue . I have never heard if this . I'm doing the same thing as Speedy. I am making a dedicated pump gas tune , a dedicated E85 tune and a flex fuel tune .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Noticed this same thing ever since I joined "the community" a little over 5yrs ago. Been a problem (sharing) since the beginning. I've been vocal on that more than once in different threads. Good luck with that.
Although I must say there are members who do share there info @Hpindy, @16GoManGoHC2 , @Speedy! being some of the best. I believe you're correct, if Speedy wouldn't share it's only because someone who shared with him asked him not to.
The only time I don't share is when I'm asked not to by others that help me or out of respect for those that do help me . If it's something I do on my own I will share .

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I can see where sharing proprietary tunes can be frowned upon but data logs should not be much of a problem. Other then seeing max timing applied and boost there’s not allot of secrets in a data log, to my limited knowledge at least.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I can see where sharing proprietary tunes can be frowned upon but data logs should not be much of a problem. Other then seeing max timing applied and boost there’s not allot of secrets in a data log, to my limited knowledge at least.
"Limited knowledge", last time you put down you were DS (before you went HP) I thought you meant dumb shit and I told you I was in the same boat with my limited computer knowledge. Then you had to explain it meant you were DiabloSport . Dohhh! That's limited knowledge. See, you could share all info with me and it wouldn't make a difference, I can't use it!. LOL.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The whole point of this isn't to try to see what people have to make more power. It is what do the trims look like at part throttle. Like Jon said, they should be close to 0 and his are all over. Just want to see if others from dusterhoff look the same or did he mess up his tune

Jon has been learning how to tune for a few weeks and has his car driving better with a few tweeks then a big name tuner. That is PATHETIC!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The whole point of this isn't to try to see what people have to make more power. It is what do the trims look like at part throttle. Like Jon said, they should be close to 0 and his are all over. Just want to see if others from dusterhoff look the same or did he mess up his tune

Jon has been learning how to tune for a few weeks and has his car driving better with a few tweeks then a big name tuner. That is PATHETIC!
Unfortunately some tuners have their own "canned tunes" and they don't work on every car the same . It would take many hours to dial in each individual car and customers wouldn't pay for that and the tuners have to make money . Also I have learned the some flex fuel parameters are different between the two 2015-2017 ecu's and 2018 and up ecu's. So if you use the wrong parameters it with throw the tune off .