Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

First Issue with 2019 Redeye P2172 and P0069 - Stock

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Hey Guys,

Had my first issue with the Redeye last night. Was just coming home after a large car cruise/parade and gave the car a spirited pull on the highway. Car went into limp and threw 2172 and 0069 codes, both pertaining to MAP and high manifold pressure. I shut down the car and allowed the trans to come back out of LM on the side of the freeway. Car seemed to run fine after that, and after two key cycles, the MIL turned off on its own. I did still have DTC's stored obviously, so I decided to clear them with a handheld seeing as there wasn't an active MIL. Now trying to decide if i'm going to take the car to the dealer and let them beat on it to look for an issue (my local dealer has been in the news for this BTW), or if this was possibly a fluke reading between MAP desired/actual pressures, and likely not to return. I don't necessarily want to end up on the side of the freeway in Limp Mode again, so if there is likely still an issue even though the MIL self corrected, i'd suck it up and turn the keys over to my dealer. Appreciate thoughts from any of you that might have had similar experience?

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Being afraid of letting the dealer touch my car, I'd hope it was a fluke, know that it probably wasn't, try to reproduce the issue and then if successful take the car to the dealer without having cleared anything. If it doesn't occur again, continue on and try to forget it ever happened. My methods may not be well advised...

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #3
Being afraid of letting the dealer touch my car, I'd hope it was a fluke, know that it probably wasn't, try to reproduce the issue and then if successful take the car to the dealer without having cleared anything. If it doesn't occur again, continue on and try to forget it ever happened. My methods may not be well advised...
Probably true, but my hope is because the MIL did quickly turn off, there is no issue. I did forget to mention the car now has just over 700 miles on it.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Was this the cruise in Vancouver?
Nice evening for it!

OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #5
Was this the cruise in Vancouver?
Nice evening for it!
Yep it sure was! Incredible turn out for a non official event. This would have never gone off if it was.... way to many people just wanting to get on with life. Put some wind back in lots of sails....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
kgrencer,
Any update with the codes on your Redeye had?

Last edited:
OP
K

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Thread Starter #7
Nope. After I cleared the codes, they have yet to reappear.