Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FCA Supplier Discount for leases

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Just wondering if the fca supplier discount on a lease is a taxable rebate/discount. I’m in Illinois if that makes a difference.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Just wondering if the fca supplier discount on a lease is a taxable rebate/discount. I’m in Illinois if that makes a difference.
do you mean fca employee or supplier? the discount or rebate should be untaxable but even if it's not it's gonna make a few bucks a month difference. what type of quotes are you getting?

OP
MRmagoo

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Thread Starter #3
Supplier. On my last lease it was taxed. It didn’t seem right, but I was excited about the car and didn’t question it. I was at my dealer today and he gave me a quote of 780 12k/42months $2k down sticker 83, discount 78... I think he must think I’m a dodo bird or something

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Supplier. On my last lease it was taxed. It didn’t seem right, but I was excited about the car and didn’t question it. I was at my dealer today and he gave me a quote of 780 12k/42months $2k down sticker 83, discount 78... I think he must think I’m a dodo bird or something
I like that last sentence 😂😂😂😂, also don't put a down payment just roll everything in, at signing you want to pay 1st month payment, dealer doc fee, tag fee, etc etc should come out to like $1kish.

There's websites like nada where you can find out the exact invoice price. 5% below invoice is usually all of holdback if not more.