Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

E85 Tuning Questions

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Curt, can you tweak my tune to limit throttle % by speed? M6

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #102
If it's just a pulley change $150. Otherwise kind of depends on changes

I've done one redeye flex. Went well. Would like to do another to confirm although I'm pretty confident in it at this point.
Okay thanks Curt. I'll check back with you later when you've done some more flex tunes on Redeyes. Appreciate the reply.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #103
This will be tough in a 6 speed car. My buddy Chad did just about everything to his 6 speed and I think his best ever was a 10.1 at like 143MPH (something like that). You'll find you hit a point where you have all the power you need but can't get it to the ground effectively. Chad hit that point a couple weeks back and is now in selling the 6 speed and getting an auto. Another friend went to the track with us last weekend and at the end of the day he's now decided to also sell the 6 speed and get an auto. I think watching us auto guys make minimal changes and run 9s was a bit demoralizing as well.

Probably not what you wanna hear, but I've personally been there done that and it seems most folks end up at the same place eventually. I'd say consistent mid 10s are doable in a 6 speed though. Would love to see you prove me wrong though so best of luck with the car.
I've seen some of Chad's driving (videos), he's a great manual driver! Considering the 6M, he's done great work with it!

I had a 15' M6 for a bit and I'm so glad I got rid of it. Even driving around town I enjoy my A8 much much more, and drive it more because it's more fun to drive to me. The 6M has awful stock gearing for racing. I watched as A8 drivers ran much faster with a lot less effort. M6 guys gotta make more power to go as quick. Hell even some of the A8 scat packs were running damn near as fast as me. Felt like I was fighting with one arm tied behind my back! After driving my A8 Redeye it's like a whole different car, the A8 is snappy and just plain moves out! I would never even consider getting a M6 again. Didn't enjoy the notchy shifts, and terrible gearing. Plus the market for performance seems to cater more towards A8s.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, agree, stock M6 gearing sucks for getting out of the hole. I changed to a 2.98, 2.10, 1,43 Tranzilla and with the 3.73 now has almost the same low end final drive as the A8 but without torque control the A8 can be tweaked to. The 2.98 2.10 really woke the car up, I’m pulling over a G on the street now from .65 avg but now spinning is very easy and happens so fast I’m just not quick enough to not loose time over it. I love the way the A8 sounds and pulls but have to test this new combo out at least. I’ve already ran a 10.734 on stock gearing but that was a fluke slipped the clutch just right, hit every gear perfect run, never hit a 10 again afterwards, I’m 11.1-11.3 all day round and round just can’t get the 60 ft down. I’m hoping the New 17” rears and tired along with the 2.98 put me in the 1.5’s 60 ft then consistent high 10’s should happen. Some practice and tweaks mid tens and by seasons end 10.0xx and I’d be happy with my M6, for a while at least lol

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, if ultimate ETs are your goal and you want to avoid the struggle/commitment - definitely don't use an M6 car. 10.99 is my ambitous goal.
10.99 is possible, I’ve done 10.734, only once though lol

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #106
Yes, agree, stock M6 gearing sucks for getting out of the hole. I changed to a 2.98, 2.10, 1,43 Tranzilla and with the 3.73 now has almost the same low end final drive as the A8 but without torque control the A8 can be tweaked to. The 2.98 2.10 really woke the car up, I’m pulling over a G on the street now from .65 avg but now spinning is very easy and happens so fast I’m just not quick enough to not loose time over it. I love the way the A8 sounds and pulls but have to test this new combo out at least. I’ve already ran a 10.734 on stock gearing but that was a fluke slipped the clutch just right, hit every gear perfect run, never hit a 10 again afterwards, I’m 11.1-11.3 all day round and round just can’t get the 60 ft down. I’m hoping the New 17” rears and tired along with the 2.98 put me in the 1.5’s 60 ft then consistent high 10’s should happen. Some practice and tweaks mid tens and by seasons end 10.0xx and I’d be happy with my M6, for a while at least lol
Yeah I thought about changing the gearing on my M6, then decided to go A8 instead. Ran a best of 11.74@120mph (1.77 60ft) 3500DA in the M6. Bought the A8 Redeye and ran my best (first time out) of 10.46@130mph at 1900DA (Both cars stock on tire). After running 11s, I was just hoping for a high 10 with my Redeye, I was shocked to nail a mid 10, and happy as hell! I didn't have the time to try a slick, but I heard that the M6 cars usually do better with slicks vs drag radials.

Now I'm here looking for low 10s in mediocre DA and high 9s in great DA, just from an E85 tune. Getting to that point with my M6 would have taken much more effort. I don't have to push my car nearly as hard to get there. Makes me feel better about that, when I beat on it, lol.

I applaud your effort with the M6. Most who own the M6 don't seem to race them, but rather keep them stock. Good luck with your goals!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah I thought about changing the gearing on my M6, then decided to go A8 instead. Ran a best of 11.74@120mph (1.77 60ft) 3500DA in the M6. Bought the A8 Redeye and ran my best (first time out) of 10.46@130mph at 1900DA (Both cars stock on tire). After running 11s, I was just hoping for a high 10 with my Redeye, I was shocked to nail a mid 10, and happy as hell! I didn't have the time to try a slick, but I heard that the M6 cars usually do better with slicks vs drag radials.

Now I'm here looking for low 10s in mediocre DA and high 9s in great DA, just from an E85 tune. Getting to that point with my M6 would have taken much more effort. I don't have to push my car nearly as hard to get there. Makes me feel better about that, when I beat on it, lol.

I applaud your effort with the M6. Most who own the M6 don't seem to race them, but rather keep them stock. Good luck with your goals!
Hmmmmmmm, this sounds very similar to dreams that have crossed my mind more and more lol
NICE story and first pass!!
THANK YOU for your kudos and applause :)

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That is gettin' it. That the rebuilt tranny? Oh BTW you gotta train your crew to yell hellno! NOT hellyeh! :LOL:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
NO THATS WITH A SLIPPING TRANS AT KENTUCKY DRAGWAY A FEW WEEKS AGO , CANT SAY ANYTHING BUT HELL YEA WITH A RUN LIKE THAT

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I'm planning on giving Curt a call in a few months for tuning and will go with the flex tune. I have easy access to pump e85, and I want to run a 2.72 pulley and 10% lower full time. Would I have any issues with that?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm planning on giving Curt a call in a few months for tuning and will go with the flex tune. I have easy access to pump e85, and I want to run a 2.72 pulley and 10% lower full time. Would I have any issues with that?
Should not as long as your E85 is decent quality.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If you have to drop to pump gas for any reason you're gonna hate your life. Curt can probably make it live but that's pretty far past the "safe point" of 93.

For comparison...I inquired about the ripatuned 2.79 and his first question was if I had 93 or 91. I am stock lower btw.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I run 4 pulleys since I added the 10 % overdrive and pinned it I wanted a variation of choice, I run the 3.10 upper in my flex fuel and on my e85 race tune I run anything from my 3.10 , 2.85,2.75 and 2.65 on it , I like to do the my first pass ( I call a shake down pass) on the 3.10 or the 2.85 just to make sure everything looks good and then I proceed on with my smaller ,pulleys on my race tune I can change pulleys easily all on the one tune and I agree with fubar on pump you will hate it because it will have to be detuned for safety of course and will feel like a mustang 😂😂😂

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I run 4 pulleys since I added the 10 % overdrive and pinned it I wanted a variation of choice, I run the 3.10 upper in my flex fuel and on my e85 race tune I run anything from my 3.10 , 2.85,2.75 and 2.65 on it , I like to do the my first pass ( I call a shake down pass) on the 3.10 or the 2.85 just to make sure everything looks good and then I proceed on with my smaller ,pulleys on my race tune I can change pulleys easily all on the one tune and I agree with fubar on pump you will hate it because it will have to be detuned for safety of course and will feel like a mustang 😂😂😂
Wont need to worry about ever having to use 93. DFW has plenty of e85 :)

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States