Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Durango Hellcat Production To Last Only 6 Months

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
If there's enough demand I can see Dodge producing more. I agree though, the gouging is going to go through the roof.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
My guess is fleet MPG penalties are hitting them harder...thus limited production runs to gauge demand. Otherwise overproducing raises MPG fleet averages. Tesla is loving this new World...carbon credit whores.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s becoming less desirable to me. I hate that they limit the good stuff so that you have to pay a ransom over a fair price. They absolutely ruined the desirability of the Demon to me with the hype driven crap that brings rich ass collectors and BJ types into the market. I like performance stuff. I don’t like exclusive stuff that is made exclusive to pad the bankrolls of greedy dealers. I would love to have one for what it is as a daily driver. They start showing up at BJ and they can keep them as far as I’m concerned

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s becoming less desirable to me. I hate that they limit the good stuff so that you have to pay a ransom over a fair price. They absolutely ruined the desirability of the Demon to me with the hype driven crap that brings rich ass collectors and BJ types into the market. I like performance stuff. I don’t like exclusive stuff that is made exclusive to pad the bankrolls of greedy dealers. I would love to have one for what it is as a daily driver. They start showing up at BJ and they can keep them as far as I’m concerned
My guess the Demon was meant to be a limited production run. Nowadays, overproducing these hated ICE monsters causes them to pay huge fines if the sales aren't there to justify it. EPA added production cost/tax, thus FCA has to be smarter to be profitable. Who the heck knows for sure???

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
With that said, you would think FCA would stop dealer markups which has to throw off real demand?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
WTF:mad:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
There were PLENTY of people who paid MSRP for a Demon. Not everyone paid ADM... and most people who paid way over MSRP didn't even shop around, or waited until every car was spoken for and then had to buy it from them.

If you want a DHC at MSRP, put in an order (or 10) with dealers around you... when the truck becomes available, complete your purchase with the dealer who is working with you and cancel your other orders.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well I agree with that. I have no doubt that there will be a dealer who will do that to make a sale vs nothing. Gotta be a decent dealer somewhere. Of coarse the next thing we’ll hear is that there’s some kind of dealer allotment scenario and it will all go to $hit from there. Kinda like the Hellephant. I’ve seen one (AJ’s). Anybody else?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Agreed 1000%. Anything limited or numbered immediately turns me off and I'm out. I refuse to partake in the hype and gouging. Hard pass unless MSRP or negotiating is realistic.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I just glanced at this and began wondering.....what the heck are "BJ" types?!?!? Luckily I figured it out....thankfully, it wasn't what I thought you were saying at first... [histerical]

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not sure it'll sell all that well. Dealers may get stuck with them quick with markups. I'm thinking deep discounts honestly. Few people want a 600HP SUV.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm not sure it'll sell all that well. Dealers may get stuck with them quick with markups. I'm thinking deep discounts honestly. Few people want a 600HP SUV.
Well hell no! 600hp. Pffft

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agreed 1000%. Anything limited or numbered immediately turns me off and I'm out. I refuse to partake in the hype and gouging. Hard pass unless MSRP or negotiating is realistic.
I just dont see people crawlin over crushed glass to get their hands on one of these...but @ 2000 or less units...I'm probably wrong...cant believe Trackhawk was a huge success ...what makes this so unique,,

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'll go check with the dealer we bought the DSRT from, if they are willing to do the same kind of deal as we did on the DSRT, then we're in, if it's a demand pricing thing, I'll go home... ...mad...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What is the big deal about a Hellcat Durango anyway??? I got one already...

20200713_183959 (2).jpg

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I just dont see people crawlin over crushed glass to get their hands on one of these...but @ 2000 or less units...I'm probably wrong...cant believe Trackhawk was a huge success ...what makes this so unique,,
The problem with the Trackhawk is overpriced and not limited. 2,000ish HellRango’s are going to be just like the Demon.