Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Don't Expect To Get Your New Challenger or Charger Anytime Soon

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Thank God for the inflation reduction act.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
neither do I...and I'm not just talkin the auto industry...
I agree. More bullshit and excuses, especially from Stellantis.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Would love to add another one before the end, but can't stomach paying the price to get another one. Perhaps I'm cheap? We shall see what happens.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Would love to add another one before the end, but can't stomach paying the price to get another one. Perhaps I'm cheap? We shall see what happens.
When the price is $30K more than what you paid for the one that you have now...

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thank God for the inflation reduction act.
I can't say or type that "act" with a straight face 🤡

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
When the price is $30K more than what you paid for the one that you have now...
I'm more referring to the ADMs. I get the price increase from my 2018.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I'm more referring to the ADMs. I get the price increase from my 2018.
I don't get msrp $30K increase in 4 years. That's a 50% increase on my car.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
I'm actually glad that my local dealer/salesman got cagey with me a few weeks back after placing my order with them last month on the 18th...it's still in "order confirmed" status and it looks like it's not going anywhere anytime soon. While I understood they couldn't give me an exact delivery date, after reading/seeing some horror stories I followed up with them to have them reiterate their answers to some real simple/basic questions about MSRP, fees, etc...just to be sure I had a clear understanding. Their response was literally; "don't worry about it, we'll figure it out when the car gets here." Being well aware that left me completely exposed to whatever they wanted to pull out of their arse whenever the car did show up I got a REAL bad feeling that I was getting set up to have either (1) the car sold out from under me, most likely after (2) charging me whatever fees, charges, etc. they felt like to push me into backing out of the deal and selling it with a crazy ADM, which I'll bet is exactly what they're going to do...

I had to pay a small deposit ($2K) to place the order, and was actually told that if they "didn't like my build" i.e., color, options, etc. that they would have asked for more. I specifically asked, and was told by them they LOVED my build and it was "cool", etc. That was, however, right up to the part where I insisted I needed answers and wasn't joking about my questions. Not coincidentally, I bought two brand new Jeeps from this same dealer last year within 2 weeks of each other (Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Willys) and had my neighbor a few houses up by a brand new Grand Cherokee shortly thereafter. The dealership has actually changed hands since then so it's not the EXACT same dealer, but all the people I was dealing with are the same.

Sooooo I see Koons posting here, check their inventory and after some back and forth I have a deal and no longer need my local dealership. I called my salesman to let him know to cancel my order and immediately refund my deposit. He sheepishly asked why to which I told him that he should have answered my questions when I asked them and not laugh them off. He told me that deposits were non-refundable (funny, don't remember signing ANYTHING that said that, but anyway) and he would have to get with the new car and general manager. He quite literally called me back in less than a minute and said they wouldn't refund the deposit, and furthermore opined that they were now going to be "stuck with a green Hellcat that no one will want" (in a Army/Marine Corps town no less, but anyway). I told him NO problem, and after hanging up on him I called my bank (USAA) told them exactly what happened (read the texts between myself and the salesman) and opened a dispute and had my deposit refunded before I hung up the phone.

So short story long, sorry not sorry. Dodge/FCA/Stellantis has completely alienated themselves from their enthusiast core base, with most, not all, but most, dealers happily along for the ride to completely gouge their customers for every cent they can get out of them. That might work short term but it's not remotely sustainable and Stellantis doubling down with going full in woke and EV focused, I'm pretty confident my post will age well, I'm just glad that I found a great dealer who wasn't greedy on a beautiful car and got a super solid deal, just disappointed that so many legit enthusiasts are getting left behind...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
I'm actually glad that my local dealer/salesman got cagey with me a few weeks back after placing my order with them last month on the 18th...it's still in "order confirmed" status and it looks like it's not going anywhere anytime soon. While I understood they couldn't give me an exact delivery date, after reading/seeing some horror stories I followed up with them to have them reiterate their answers to some real simple/basic questions about MSRP, fees, etc...just to be sure I had a clear understanding. Their response was literally; "don't worry about it, we'll figure it out when the car gets here." Being well aware that left me completely exposed to whatever they wanted to pull out of their arse whenever the car did show up I got a REAL bad feeling that I was getting set up to have either (1) the car sold out from under me, most likely after (2) charging me whatever fees, charges, etc. they felt like to push me into backing out of the deal and selling it with a crazy ADM, which I'll bet is exactly what they're going to do...

I had to pay a small deposit ($2K) to place the order, and was actually told that if they "didn't like my build" i.e., color, options, etc. that they would have asked for more. I specifically asked, and was told by them they LOVED my build and it was "cool", etc. That was, however, right up to the part where I insisted I needed answers and wasn't joking about my questions. Not coincidentally, I bought two brand new Jeeps from this same dealer last year within 2 weeks of each other (Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Willys) and had my neighbor a few houses up by a brand new Grand Cherokee shortly thereafter. The dealership has actually changed hands since then so it's not the EXACT same dealer, but all the people I was dealing with are the same.

Sooooo I see Koons posting here, check their inventory and after some back and forth I have a deal and no longer need my local dealership. I called my salesman to let him know to cancel my order and immediately refund my deposit. He sheepishly asked why to which I told him that he should have answered my questions when I asked them and not laugh them off. He told me that deposits were non-refundable (funny, don't remember signing ANYTHING that said that, but anyway) and he would have to get with the new car and general manager. He quite literally called me back in less than a minute and said they wouldn't refund the deposit, and furthermore opined that they were now going to be "stuck with a green Hellcat that no one will want" (in a Army/Marine Corps town no less, but anyway). I told him NO problem, and after hanging up on him I called my bank (USAA) told them exactly what happened (read the texts between myself and the salesman) and opened a dispute and had my deposit refunded before I hung up the phone.

So short story long, sorry not sorry. Dodge/FCA/Stellantis has completely alienated themselves from their enthusiast core base, with most, not all, but most, dealers happily along for the ride to completely gouge their customers for every cent they can get out of them. That might work short term but it's not remotely sustainable and Stellantis doubling down with going full in woke and EV focused, I'm pretty confident my post will age well, I'm just glad that I found a great dealer who wasn't greedy on a beautiful car and got a super solid deal, just disappointed that so many legit enthusiasts are getting left behind...
This is why I don’t like to order a car.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
This is why I don’t like to order a car.
Agreed. I should have just cut to the chase and gone with Koons or any of the other similar dealers that typically have SRT/Hellcat inventory but I conflated my previous purchases with my local dealer (and referral) as having a good relationship with them which was naive in retrospect. That's OK, I rectified the situation and already cost them a sale when one of my former coworkers called me earlier this week, in the market for a new Jeep Wrangler and wanted to know who I dealt with over there. I told him what happened and he promptly moved along. Can't roll like that, especially in a small(-er) town like I live in but being a large dealer/network they have the requisite greed to match...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Agreed. I should have just cut to the chase and gone with Koons or any of the other similar dealers that typically have SRT/Hellcat inventory but I conflated my previous purchases with my local dealer (and referral) as having a good relationship with them which was naive in retrospect. That's OK, I rectified the situation and already cost them a sale when one of my former coworkers called me earlier this week, in the market for a new Jeep Wrangler and wanted to know who I dealt with over there. I told him what happened and he promptly moved along. Can't roll like that, especially in a small(-er) town like I live in but being a large dealer/network they have the requisite greed to match...
I shop for what I want and where I can get the best deal. I did get 2 great deals in a row from a dealer in Jacksonville but not the 3rd time.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Hmmm, my order went from "B" to "D" to "D1" in about a week. "D" is supposed to mean "allocation clear and all parts available", and "D1" "in-production", so hoping maybe it will squeak thru this latest round of BS, but ain't holding my breath :mad:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Hmmm, my order went from "B" to "D" to "D1" in about a week. "D" is supposed to mean "allocation clear and all parts available", and "D1" "in-production", so hoping maybe it will squeak thru this latest round of BS, but ain't holding my breath :mad:
It's probably sitting on the production line somewhere??

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's probably sitting on the production line somewhere??
Just my luck :rolleyes: I'm not in a big hurry for it, but more concerned about it getting screwed up during build from non-typical interruptions

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
After seeing this news, I requested a status check and looks like it just got pushed back to "D" from "D1" :(

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
After seeing this news, I requested a status check and looks like it just got pushed back to "D" from "D1" :(
So if all parts are available, why isn't it being built?
They're saying that it's supply chain problems???

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States