Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge CEO: Muscle Cars Soon to Be Powered by Electric Vehicle Technology

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Your mistake is thinking it matters what the consumer wants. It only matters what the government mandates. With California and Massachusetts mandating no new ICE vehicle sales after 2035, other states are soon to fall in line. Manufacturers are going to have to switch to electric to be able to legally sell cars.
It’s the new TREND being the Government tells you who to vote for, how you live and who you can work for or should I say if you dont support the present Regime. Truly SAD we are living in an AGE the Politicians and Scientists dictate your life. But yet the Politicians are border line the most corrupt in charge and the Scientists always have the answers for the Future and Tomorrow.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Your mistake is thinking it matters what the consumer wants. It only matters what the government mandates. With California and Massachusetts mandating no new ICE vehicle sales after 2035, other states are soon to fall in line. Manufacturers are going to have to switch to electric to be able to legally sell cars.

Thinking that politicians don't do things now to make themselves look good now (and knowing that they won't be in office in 2035) is your mistake, not mine. Plenty of time for things to change as we get closer and as reality sets in. The past year hasn't taught you that government deadlines are meaningless?

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
As I much as I hate it, there is no performance advantage in not going full electric. If you think otherwise you are just fooling yourself. You don't have to like it, as I don't like it either, but electric will be king.

Even in its infant stages, it's already begun. Fossil Fuel is at its peak. There is no room to grow. Electric is just beginning and already surpassing FF, and has no where to go but up.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This^^
Not only that, but as All Electric progresses gas it's not even going to be close race. Most of us are going to see 6 sec 1/4 mile all electric. I guarantee it.
Well that will be a different class.
I want to see one hang all day on the road course.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I tell you they won’t have the electric infrastructure to support it in CA by 2030. Maybe five years after that, but they better get with it quick, the items we must build don’t grow overnight. If even ONE of these developers said go tomorrow, a PSH won’t be complete for about SIX years, and that is one out of at least a dozen they will need to support continued solar penetration. OR those fools will have mountains of lithium batteries ready to explode on your street corner. Take your pick.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
C'mon, surely they could. The only problem I foresee is all the cords getting tangled after a few laps.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ah hell screw waiting around I am buying my Electric Race Car😁
35B6A3CD-63EE-4F8E-A419-29FC8D337192.jpeg

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
C'mon, surely they could. The only problem I foresee is all the cords getting tangled after a few laps.
C’mon man...hot laps at 8am, charge, and next hot laps at 3pm...charge...drive home at 10pm.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What choice does the Gov givem. The ne regime has lost 11,000 jobs on the pipe line with another 1.8 million on the chopping block in 3 western states. While we raise the general rate to $15 an hour. God bless em but where is the $$ coming from. Gas for our hot rods going away, cause now we have to import oil from Russia. Heating oil is shut down. China. Laying off all our oil and NATURAL gas stations being shut down. Electric is good but what I have said in the past. Electric cars, busses, ect where does the electric come from. Power houses and people like me that keep these coal plants built in the 20's are still working. Now how are we going to plug an auto into an electric out let,, where does that come from??? Being a power house worker, pipe fitter, insulator, tradesman and management. What has happened gives the manufactores no choice. Our new government has back our and gas and natural into a corner. The old industry is in a major negative placement. If it is up to Cali and Wash my clothes, we as have fun daily drivers or myself,, wekend are in deep shit. Did not want to turn this into a politicial subject matter but gas will be coming from Russia at $3 a gallon at the least. Now where do we go for electric,,, Nuke plants out of productions,, all new oil and gas licenses stopped. All union and non union jobs stopped. Wait till Bienden stoppes Frakkens. Where then?? We will not be able to find gas,, 93 oct, for our cars. If we can still have em. This is a disaster. Build your engines, but attempt to find sumtin to produce your own shine.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did not think of that. Or maybe just some wires overhead like the old busses and now trains? They would need to stay in their designated lane.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hope so.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Economies of scale.

Everything in mass quantities will have problems. Not small problems, but big problems. Or, just lots of small problems that make it a big problem.

We haven’t seen the worst of the problems with electric vehicles yet, but I can assure you it will be coming.

Just a quick one is batteries, what the hell do you do with all the batteries after they are done? We have junkyards full of engines, what happens to electric car batteries?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
C’mon man...hot laps at 8am, charge, and next hot laps at 3pm...charge...drive home at 10pm.
Just like going to the track now lol

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
It's coming. We already know all electric is faster. NIO EP9 crushed Nürburgring record. over 2 seconds...not even close. ;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's coming. We already know all electric is faster. NIO EP9 crushed Nürburgring record. over 2 seconds...not even close. ;)

That $3.4+ special built race car with over 1300 hp should do well. I guess I am not going to watch my mirror that close for one very soon.

But, damn impressive, I won’t deny that. I have done quite a bit of VR race time. I have driven some of those cars (in VR), that acceleration AND more that motor brake/charge function really jumps out at improving the deceleration with the brakes. Depending on how you anticipate much like what this guy was doing in the not sharp corners, they may not need to use the braking system. I was just reading, they turn up and use a megawatt of power for track use to get four motors to do over 300 hp each!!

Runs on? Lithium batteries. Just won’t and cannot support the not responsible harm in mining it and especially recycling and disposing of it.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
I did not think of that. Or maybe just some wires overhead like the old busses and now trains? They would need to stay in their designated lane.
or, we build them a life-size slot car track, just need somewhere to plug in the giant-size transformer. should be good for a bit of carnage

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Lithium batteries. Just won’t and cannot support the not responsible harm in mining it and especially recycling and disposing of it.
Exactly....lithium is a strip mining operation that involves petroleum powered front end loader and other equipment. It also needs to be processed using some nasty chemicals that will kill the environment. Not to mention we will become dependent on all this lithium from other countries....so there goes our energy independence.
https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/the-environmental-impact-of-lithium-batteries/

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #58

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Yeah, that's a good article. It's not that I'm a radical tree hugger (I own a RE, among other cars :geek:) ....but I'm just not seeing how electrification of all vehicles in the U.S. will benefit the green agenda, nor does it make economic sense. Just do a search for lithium mining and see how the lithium is produced and where it's abundant (not here) - so we'll be dependent on other countries supplies of batteries.

- And now natural gas will go up in price since they'll be no pipeline....wind and hydro ain't gonna cut it for power. Some days are windy, and some aren't. You'll need to have base stations for 24/7 electric service....especially needing to add more power to the grid during normally low usage times while much more cars are recharging their batteries.

-Don't wanna burn coal, even with the advanced pollution abatement equipment the newer plants have, so it's gas or nuke!! All the while, China will continue to pollute among many other countries. I'm OK with the U.S. leading in emissions standards, but at least expect (insist) some actual effort from smaller and much bigger countries to reduce their emissions also....sounds kinda reasonable...no? I can go on and on.... :LOL:

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
These political morons just don’t understand the logistics of nothing but electric vehicles. I can’t wait for the day when they attach the credit card machines to all those FREE chargers in parking lots. Or better yet the food deliveries stop coming. Better become farmers boys and girls!