Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cost of taking a Hellcat from 707hp to 800-850 RWHP?

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #101
The E85 mileage is poooooorrrrr. My closest is 25 minutes. So I fill up and fill 4 cans. I'll use them throughout a week or so. If I drive by the station, I fill up. They saying of a Hellcat can pass anything, except a gas station is so true on E85. Under 200 miles a tank is normal for me!
I usually barely get that on 93 lol, I might be in trouble with E85... at this point I may be leaning back to 93.. I do like Meancat’s build A lot and the simplicity, no hassle no BS is a really a huge plus for me on my free time not having to worry. I probably would just keep my .262 gears only exception.. because I do prefer the lower rpms while rolling down the highway at 75 80 85 mph. It’s a little too high in the Redeye for my liking cruising at like 2600 rpm heading to the shore for instance.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #102
Anyone know reputable tuners in philly area that will do a 93 octane pulley tune? Or perhaps a flex tune?

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I usually barely get that on 93 lol, I might be in trouble with E85... at this point I may be leaning back to 93.. I do like Meancat’s build A lot and the simplicity, no hassle no BS is a really a huge plus for me on my free time not having to worry. I probably would just keep my .262 gears only exception.. because I do prefer the lower rpms while rolling down the highway at 75 80 85 mph. It’s a little too high in the Redeye for my liking cruising at like 2600 rpm heading to the shore for instance.
The cool thing about having a flex tune is you don't always need to be near E85. You can just put 93 in and go. The PCM will read the fuel difference and the tune will adjust accordingly.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Anyone know reputable tuners in philly area that will do a 93 octane pulley tune? Or perhaps a flex tune?
Just find a shop that can do the install and have Curt do the tuning. He's very good with the flex tunes.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #105
Just find a shop that can do the install and have Curt do the tuning. He's very good with the flex tunes.
I’ll keep this in mind for sure. This is all a learning curve for me.. I’ve never added mods like these to any car I’ve owned..

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #106
Even though I’ve been reading threads about modded and modding hellcats for the better of the last 4 years.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A lot of people must need rides with all those taxis in Phoenix!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
To afford them they are doing their 2nd job so a 2 door won't work

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’ll keep this in mind for sure. This is all a learning curve for me.. I’ve never added mods like these to any car I’ve owned..
The good news is you have time to put a good plan together. I would suggest calling Dusterhoff and asking if they know of a shop in your area. They may have one they have worked with before. Josh is very helpful and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It had a little over 1000 hp on stock axles.
One of his videos he said mid 800's to the wheels. On a different dyno it should make more then saying at the crank it was around 1000

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
One of his videos he said mid 800's to the wheels. On a different dyno it should make more then saying at the crank it was around 1000
The vid I posted he said "a little over 1000" Bravo package, on stock axles which is over their limit, but they lasted for a while, that would be on the Mustang Dyno at Peitz Performance, which will show about 10% lower than a Dynojet Dyno, same place & tuner ( Alex Peitz ) that tuned mine.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Mean Cat - do you have your dyno sheets from before and after the cat delete? I’ve read that the peak gains are what you’re saying, but that there is upwards of 30+hp in the curve. It’s a dead horse, either people want to do it or they don’t, but your before and after dyno would be good to share.
The first person I saw with big gains didn’t have any more than an intake and wasn’t anywhere near 800whp, but I was still impressed with the gains.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
@Mean Cat - do you have your dyno sheets from before and after the cat delete? I’ve read that the peak gains are what you’re saying, but that there is upwards of 30+hp in the curve. It’s a dead horse, either people want to do it or they don’t, but your before and after dyno would be good to share.
The first person I saw with big gains didn’t have any more than an intake and wasn’t anywhere near 800whp, but I was still impressed with the gains.
I have a lot of Dyno sheets, will have to find it when it was done, but my word & in my case should be enough.
Dyno's can be tricky too, whether it's on a Mustang Dyno or Dynojet will show more hp & if it's on STD will show more hp or SAE will show less hp & temps of the day it's done on.
I've seen a lot of others Dyno's done on a Dynojet & on STD which will show the most hp, but it's typically not real world #'s
Mine has been on the Mustang Dyno from day 1, since that is what my tuner has.
But regardless what the #'s say on a Dyno, what matters is how does it run at the track, to me anyway.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm kinda cracking up at the concern over a claimed (or not) 30HP when there's 800+ on tap LOL.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm kinda cracking up at the concern over a claimed (or not) 30HP when there's 800+ on tap LOL.
Because 30 is more come on now. There is never enough:p

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Besides, 30 hp for $400 yes please

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Besides, 30 hp for $400 yes please
But it's a loud and stinky 30HP, unless you're on E85 I guess then at least not stinky.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I didn't think it was too bad on the Daytona;)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I have a lot of Dyno sheets, will have to find it when it was done, but my word & in my case should be enough.
I trust you, I just want to see if the other claims on the net are also true. If you showed 5hp gain on your max HP, that falls in line with the other claims I've read. They said that they showed 30hp lower in the curve, which is tremendous. A lot of this was on the old site, which I can't seem to search properly. I've been preaching the cat delete ever since I saw a handful of people all make bold claims that it added over 20hp for each of them, some almost 40 (with the addition of a CAI) on otherwise STOCK Hellcats... those are bold claims. You won't see it on the top end (for some reason) but they saw it in the middle.
Your dyno graphs, if you have them, would go a long way towards me being able to put a nail in the coffin... It's nothing more than that.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I trust you, I just want to see if the other claims on the net are also true. If you showed 5hp gain on your max HP, that falls in line with the other claims I've read. They said that they showed 30hp lower in the curve, which is tremendous. A lot of this was on the old site, which I can't seem to search properly. I've been preaching the cat delete ever since I saw a handful of people all make bold claims that it added over 20hp for each of them, some almost 40 (with the addition of a CAI) on otherwise STOCK Hellcats... those are bold claims. You won't see it on the top end (for some reason) but they saw it in the middle.
Your dyno graphs, if you have them, would go a long way towards me being able to put a nail in the coffin... It's nothing more than that.
I understand, I think the biggest difference is the type of Dyno used & in which mode it's shown in ( STD vs. SAE ). A lot of tuners on a Dyno want to show their customers the biggest hp gain they can, to make customer happy, so they do it in the STD mode to get that. I'm not talking about the well known tuners on the forums. But most of theirs are remote tuned also.
I'll look for my Dyno sheet for mine, not sure if it was labeled for it ? ....I just remember seeing it when it was done.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I wouldn't get too hung up on STD vs SAE. STD is what the car actually made in the conditions it was tested in. SAE is just a base line adjustment so dyno information from all over the world in differing conditions can be compared. SAE could read higher than STD depending on conditions, or vice versa.