Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Chevy Ford Ram race and who do you think wins😁

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Whom cares as long there is a weaner at the finish line.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Whom cares as long there is a weaner at the finish line.
Never mind him CC....where ya been yesterday

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The Cummins has always been the slowest in stock form. But Ford had so many issues with their diesels engines from 03 until 13 I don’t think I could ever own a ford diesel.
Also as far as break fix stuff Cummins is 10 times easier to work on than these 2.
not sure if they still do it but durmax uses or at least used to use Allen’s for the valve covers. It was super annoying here in the north because they’d rust and strip.
espicially on the years that are through injectors like candy.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
The Cummins has always been the slowest in stock form. But Ford had so many issues with their diesels engines from 03 until 13 I don’t think I could ever own a ford diesel.
Also as far as break fix stuff Cummins is 10 times easier to work on than these 2.
not sure if they still do it but durmax uses or at least used to use Allen’s for the valve covers. It was super annoying here in the north because they’d rust and strip.
espicially on the years that are through injectors like candy.
Right the Cummins is a better motor and if you mod it she’s pretty potent. But factory she’s a dog and ask me hiw I know being smoked😳. By the GM and Ford guys😁. And Ford sues International for the lousy diesels and then they built there own in house and had some initial issues years back.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
CC you will never know where I was tomorrow. Tomorrow could be way behind your knowledge of yesterday. Conflictions?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Right the Cummins is a better motor and if you mod it she’s pretty potent. But factory she’s a dog and ask me hiw I know being smoked😳. By the GM and Ford guys😁. And Ford sues International for the lousy diesels and then they built there own in house and had some initial issues years back.
Was the 6.4 an international I don’t believe it was but can’t remember. But I know it struggled. I knew 2 that caught fired and burned down both stock.
made tons of power for the time. But man reliability struggled.
I know when they went to the cp4 the Chevy had issues. Ford used the same or similar cp4 but it didn’t seem to effect the ford as bad.
I haven’t kept up with diesels to much the last 5 years or so.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
CC understands the winners and whore losers. Sum get caught up in the snell dust.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Was the 6.4 an international I don’t believe it was but can’t remember. But I know it struggled. I knew 2 that caught fired and burned down both stock.
made tons of power for the time. But man reliability struggled.
I know when they went to the cp4 the Chevy had issues. Ford used the same or similar cp4 but it didn’t seem to effect the ford as bad.
I haven’t kept up with diesels to much the last 5 years or so.
Here is some history per articles on the internet. I had those 6.4 diesels in my rollbacks back in 2006-2008. Never had the head gasket issue but for this who did it was a disaster. But some took the heads and fixed them and drilled bigger studs so the head would not warp or separate. I have been told when you do that thise things are bullet proof and you can get big power out of them.
My 2022 Tremor F-250 has the diesel with 475hp and 1050 torque

After just four years, Ford replaced the 6.0 with a 6.4-litre Power Stroke engine, still built by Navistar. It made 350hp and 650lb ft of torque, and was believed to be free of the problems that plagued the 6.0. However, it never really shook off all the demons from its predecessor. The reliability was improved over the 6.0, but it still wasn’t particularly great. In addition, the 6.4 had some pretty poor fuel consumption, especially for a diesel. It wasn’t an awful engine per se, but the 6.4 never really gave Ford the chance to reclaim its reputation in the marketplace.

The 6.0 and 6.4 Power Strokes were so disastrous for Ford that they ended its partnership with Navistar in 2010, and began producing its own diesel engines. Not only was this a huge risk for Ford, it was an expensive one: Ford had to assume production of one of its best-selling engines. However, many truck enthusiasts will tell you that it was well worth the risk for Ford.

In 2011, the Ford Super Duty began using the 6.7-litre Power Stroke diesel, built in-house by Ford. Initially, it produced 390hp and 735lb ft. of torque. However, just one year later, Ford gave it a new turbo, which gave the 6.7 an astonishing 400hp and a teeth-numbing 800lb ft of torque. In 2015, even more changes bumped the 6.7 Power Stroke’s output to 440hp (almost as much as their Mustang GT) and 860lb ft of torque. For the redesigned, aluminum-bodied 2017 Super Duty, the Power Stroke’s power output remained unchanged. However, the peak torque increased to - get ready for this- - 925lb ft.
D1F31102-71D2-42D5-8534-0722453726F9.jpeg

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The 6.4 mileage was improved greatly with a let’s call it an off road kit 😂
The good ol 7.3 Tho made no power but were Rock solid !
crazy how much the modern diesels make for power.
The epa really started coming down hard on them. It should have been a warning for all platforms. I can’t imagine the power and mileage theyd get without some of these emission devices.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I'm betting that when Ram comes out with their new ZF 8 speed HD trans; you will see 500 HP. Ram can not do it now because of their PS transmissions. When that happens, Ram will blow away the competition.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I'm betting that when Ram comes out with their new ZF 8 speed HD trans; you will see 500 HP. Ram can not do it now because of their PS transmissions. When that happens, Ram will blow away the competition.
Possible but Ram doesn’t own Cummings and it would be more about Cummings which not so sure I see that happening. And especially since Stellantis is in control😳. And if you look at the big three diesels Ram is not keeping up in the Torque and HP war. Nothing against Ram since it’s the best towing truck of any of them.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've met this crew...

I wouldn't give them too much credence in anything they do...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
I've met this crew...

I wouldn't give them too much credence in anything they do...

😳. Are you implying they fudged the race😱

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
😳. Are you implying they fudged the race😱

No, but accuracy and/or science isn't at the top, or even the middle, of their priorities.

Excuses reign in their approach.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Also, my run-in with them lacked much integrity on their part.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
CC, we all know you are just thrilled with your Fords? Do you think you are going to change the mind of anyone who owns a Ram? Let’s remember, Ram did win MotorTrend’s Truck of the Year for three years in a row! Must be a reason why! On the other hand, a 16-17 second drag race between diesel trucks is just not a big factor to most of us Hemi car lovers here…just saying. 64E99080-7362-4287-B8B8-92E56F91FEED.jpeg

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
CC, we all know you are just thrilled with your Fords? Do you think you are going to change the mind of anyone who owns a Ram? Let’s remember, Ram did win MotorTrend’s Truck of the Year for three years in a row! Must be a reason why! On the other hand, a 16-17 second drag race between diesel trucks is just not a big factor to most of us Hemi car lovers here…just saying.
Nah I don’t want you guys to buy Fords😁. And if you read each sentence I always compliment Mopar. I said to Jon the Ram is rhe better truck overall and towing. But hey it’s a forum to share info and so many here really don’t like the comparisons of the different brands which befuddles me. Meaning competition create better things. When Ford stops making anything to outdo Ram or Dodge than they can just ride off old technology. And for the record Ford is offering a lot of products and new products at that. Stellantis is dragging their feet and just not releasing anything new besides the Grand Cherokee and Grand Wagoneer 6 figure vehicle gas hog.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Also, my run-in with them lacked much integrity on their part.
Never met the guys but from the first time I watched them I felt like they were not true car, truck guys and just saw an opportunity to do videos. And somehow finagled dealers and others to give them vehicles which they really don’t know or understand without reading all the literature. But I give them credit being they have grown their channel and now manufacturers buddy up with them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Here is some history per articles on the internet. I had those 6.4 diesels in my rollbacks back in 2006-2008. Never had the head gasket issue but for this who did it was a disaster. But some took the heads and fixed them and drilled bigger studs so the head would not warp or separate. I have been told when you do that thise things are bullet proof and you can get big power out of them.
My 2022 Tremor F-250 has the diesel with 475hp and 1050 torque

After just four years, Ford replaced the 6.0 with a 6.4-litre Power Stroke engine, still built by Navistar. It made 350hp and 650lb ft of torque, and was believed to be free of the problems that plagued the 6.0. However, it never really shook off all the demons from its predecessor. The reliability was improved over the 6.0, but it still wasn’t particularly great. In addition, the 6.4 had some pretty poor fuel consumption, especially for a diesel. It wasn’t an awful engine per se, but the 6.4 never really gave Ford the chance to reclaim its reputation in the marketplace.

The 6.0 and 6.4 Power Strokes were so disastrous for Ford that they ended its partnership with Navistar in 2010, and began producing its own diesel engines. Not only was this a huge risk for Ford, it was an expensive one: Ford had to assume production of one of its best-selling engines. However, many truck enthusiasts will tell you that it was well worth the risk for Ford.

In 2011, the Ford Super Duty began using the 6.7-litre Power Stroke diesel, built in-house by Ford. Initially, it produced 390hp and 735lb ft. of torque. However, just one year later, Ford gave it a new turbo, which gave the 6.7 an astonishing 400hp and a teeth-numbing 800lb ft of torque. In 2015, even more changes bumped the 6.7 Power Stroke’s output to 440hp (almost as much as their Mustang GT) and 860lb ft of torque. For the redesigned, aluminum-bodied 2017 Super Duty, the Power Stroke’s power output remained unchanged. However, the peak torque increased to - get ready for this- - 925lb ft.
View attachment 67662
I drove CDL-A for over 10 years...tired of steppin in diesel while fuellin and smellin that shit forever...I WILL NEVER OWN A DIESEL DD....OR PICKUP....unless yer pullin a 35 ft. camper loaded to the max...they make no sense...