Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Charger Hellcat vs Lucid Air - just insane.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

the video footage is what gets me. It just walks away. Now it is $154,000, and I'd like to see a Charger with the additional 40K or whatever that would be rolled into in mods, but still that thing is damn fast.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
videos like that are so gay. There isn't a tire they can sell on that car to hook on the street. Lucid are all wheel drive. It's like taking an awd car and racing it against a rear wheel drive in the snow

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #3
but everyone already knows its not fair to begin with... It's just damn. I don't particularly care for Elon Musk (for a variety of reasons) but I do have to give him (and the product development engineers there) credit for turning the entire EV thing from a merely green motivation to a we're going to barbeque your ass with speed if you have the money.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Acceleration from a standing start means very little to me.

But if I'm 250 miles from home and go to pass someone that's doing only 75 on a 2-lane road, I do not want the damn EV to sputter to a halt. Especially if still in the opposing lane.

Of course, if I had half a brain I wouldn't venture that far from home in an EV in the first place.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
No tire on the planet will keep that Charger even remotely close to the EV… they’re playing on a different level of straight line acceleration…
Enjoy the ICE cars for whatever other reason you want, but if you wanna go fast, EV is the future.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Enjoy the ICE cars for whatever other reason you want, but if you wanna go fast, EV is the future.
You sure? Quick maybe, but probably not fast. And definitely not far.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The EV age ruins it for us Ice Age lovers as far as the instantaneous exhilaration. But the Ice Age will always have the Fun Factor and more in touch with car over the EVs. Anyone here denying the EV power coming and instant speeds is in denial. I love my Ice Age vehicles and will accept that change is here that will beat us but won’t accept the message by the governing bodies misleading so many. It’s not reality the Evs are going to solve the worlds problems which is maddening and an agenda that’s so wrong. But sadly the wheel,of change for us ice age folk is here and take advantage of what Ice has given us and enjoy as you see the Evs blast your ice vehicle 😁

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Couple thoughts, once again a poorly driven Hellcat in an internet video, not that it's really a fair race anyway as the power levels of these two cars isn't really even close.

Also, the splitter guard is still on this car. So dumb.

And...they could have destroyed a BMW M5 Competition over and over against the Lucid, but they chose to do it to a Hellcat. Wonder why?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Electronically governed but they will go 200mph just like that Charger. Which is faster than owners will ever take them. What I’m saying is that the Licid could have been on hockey pucks and the Charger on a 15” conversion, and it isn’t going to keep up.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
QUICK, not fast, right guys? ICE cars are FASTER. We continue to use gears to enable FAST speeds. They have 4WD. Now, modify a Trackhawk, with 4WD and let us watch that shit to about 170 mph.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Acceleration from a standing start means very little to me.

But if I'm 250 miles from home and go to pass someone that's doing only 75 on a 2-lane road, I do not want the damn EV to sputter to a halt. Especially if still in the opposing lane.

Of course, if I had half a brain I wouldn't venture that far from home in an EV in the first place.
That is my opinion also. In the past month, working on optimizing my Redeye with @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC, how many times have I attempted ANYTHING from a standing start? ZERO! Anyone want to loan me a set of rear wheels/tires to use? Because the largest and best shit on the planet that it wears for the street, is not enough.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
That is my opinion also. In the past month, working on optimizing my Redeye with @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC, how many times have I attempted ANYTHING from a standing start? ZERO! Anyone want to loan me a set of rear wheels/tires to use? Because the largest and best shit on the planet that it wears for the street, is not enough.
If you want to be able to launch on no prep from a stand still there is stuff we can do in the tune. Let me know if you want to make any test hits.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Couple thoughts, once again a poorly driven Hellcat in an internet video, not that it's really a fair race anyway as the power levels of these two cars isn't really even close.

Also, the splitter guard is still on this car. So dumb.

And...they could have destroyed a BMW M5 Competition over and over against the Lucid, but they chose to do it to a Hellcat. Wonder why?
The splitter guard gives it an extra 5 hp. I have it on record from one of these knuckleheads. Think it was @BULL or maybe @Hunter that told me that.🤔 Anyway I don’t think the extra 5 horsies helped. They like to pick on the Cat because it’s the Big Kahuna. They could have put the Lucid up against most of the exotics and it would’ve kicked their asses too.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I used to race r/c trucks on clay and only did electric, had no interest in nitro. Real cars it is just the opposite:unsure:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you want to be able to launch on no prep from a stand still there is stuff we can do in the tune. Let me know if you want to make any test hits.
^^^ see this guy will do anything for us! He posted this quick. What are the chances of other tuners being that in touch with one small customer?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
^^^ see this guy will do anything for us! He posted this quick. What are the chances of other tuners being that in touch with one small customer?
or be able to drive down the street to his house...well maybe that is just me:)

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
or be able to drive down the street to his house...well maybe that is just me:)
Heck your tuner even drove you to a race last week :ROFLMAO:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
No tire on the planet will keep that Charger even remotely close to the EV… they’re playing on a different level of straight line acceleration…
Plenty of junk yard LS combos out there running mid 8s to high 7s. No street legal EV has touched that yet.
This nova ended up making a 7.90 pass then driving back home (5 hours away)

Street EV's are a long way from this

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Heck your tuner even drove you to a race last week :ROFLMAO:
But I didn't race:LOL:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plenty of junk yard LS combos out there running mid 8s to high 7s. No street legal EV has touched that yet.
This nova ended up making a 7.90 pass then driving back home (5 hours away)

Street EV's are a long way from this
Did you miss the part where I said “that Charger”? I’m not saying that EVs are invincible… I’m saying that the guys blaming the “circumstances” for the outcome against the Lucid are only fooling themselves.

The space ships still use fuel, but the particle collider uses electricity. How far you wanna go with this?