Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Best 90s Cars You Can Buy

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
One of the ones I miss from the 90s is my 3000GT VR4… way ahead of its time, made more power than anyone expected (FBO), embarrassed many a “race car” from light to light. Was back in the market for one not long ago, but there are a ton of roaches out there and anything worth buying was overpriced.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
What about the ‘93 SVT Mustang Cobra? Ford only made like 5k of those that year.
They can handle superchargers and H/C/I. And dyno tune of course.
Low mile, excellent condition ones are worth a lot of $$$ nowadays too.

‘And the 96-98 Mustang Cobras. They had the DOHC 4.6L and also responded well to mods like superchargers.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
One of the ones I miss from the 90s is my 3000GT VR4… way ahead of its time, made more power than anyone expected (FBO), embarrassed many a “race car” from light to light. Was back in the market for one not long ago, but there are a ton of roaches out there and anything worth buying was overpriced.
I had 2 of them....awesome..AWD very underrated commodity

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
C4 ZR-1 Corvettes are still affordable and a lot of car for the $$. The LT5 engine in these is an absolute jewel

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
What about the ‘93 SVT Mustang Cobra? Ford only made like 5k of those that year.
They can handle superchargers and H/C/I. And dyno tune of course.
Low mile, excellent condition ones are worth a lot of $$$ nowadays too.

‘And the 96-98 Mustang Cobras. They had the DOHC 4.6L and also responded well to mods like superchargers.
Had a 97 Cobra vert with 03 Cobra drivetrain and a 76mm turbo… that’s one I should have hung on to.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Had a 97 Cobra vert with 03 Cobra drivetrain and a 76mm turbo… that’s one I should have hung on to.
I had an ‘03 Cobra for 16 years. It had a pulley, supporting mods and dyno tune done. I got my money back out of it when I sold it a few years ago. Wish I could’ve kept it but I don’t have room in my garage and wanted to upgrade to newer cars.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Had a red 95 Cobra. 240 HP with GT 40 inspired heads on it OEM. Not much HP by today's standards but it could move. Sold it with 10,000 miles on it in 03. The guy who bought it couldn't believe it when he saw it in my garage. He told me that he had just returned from a long trip to buy another one somewhere and was so disappointed at the condition that he walked away. He offered me $1,000 to hold it for him for the day and as he was walking away, he stopped and came back and gave me the full amount in cash. He said "I don't want to take the chance that someone else gets it". Even when he picked it up the following day, he looked like he couldn't believe it. I like my HC but would definitely consider a Ford Shelby GT 500 if the prices and availability were non-issues. Either way, we are blessed to have cars like these. I've never quite understood how some people could care less what they drive as long as it starts and stops. .

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Had a red 95 Cobra. 240 HP with GT 40 inspired heads on it OEM. Not much HP by today's standards but it could move. Sold it with 10,000 miles on it in 03. The guy who bought it couldn't believe it when he saw it in my garage. He told me that he had just returned from a long trip to buy another one somewhere and was so disappointed at the condition that he walked away. He offered me $1,000 to hold it for him for the day and as he was walking away, he stopped and came back and gave me the full amount in cash. He said "I don't want to take the chance that someone else gets it". Even when he picked it up the following day, he looked like he couldn't believe it. I like my HC but would definitely consider a Ford Shelby GT 500 if the prices and availability were non-issues. Either way, we are blessed to have cars like these. I've never quite understood how some people could care less what they drive as long as it starts and stops. .

Your ‘95 Cobra sounds great, man! Last year for the 5.0 in that era I think. ‘96 they came out with the 4.6 L

I only put 9500 miles on my ‘03 Cobra in 16 years. It was in excellent condition too.
At least those cars were easy to sell privately.

And I agree about the new GT500s. They’re hard to find because Ford doesn’t make that many. And of course all the dealerships add on their bs ADMs.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mk4 Supra

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
C4 ZR-1 Corvettes are still affordable and a lot of car for the $$. The LT5 engine in these is an absolute jewel
Hard to work on though?