Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Backup camera issues

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Well a month ago my backup camera stopped working again. Well my 2018 is out of warranty now. It has had 3 cameras put in it. 2 before I bought it and one since I bought it. My dealer told me the new camera they put in last year was an upgraded camera and it should fix it. It only seems to happen when opening or closing the dash. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm assuming I can't be the only one. I am going to have to pay the dealer to try and find the issue. I'd rather not do that.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Sounds like a loose cable or connection...probably on head unit or interface that connects it to camera input.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Well a month ago my backup camera stopped working again. Well my 2018 is out of warranty now. It has had 3 cameras put in it. 2 before I bought it and one since I bought it. My dealer told me the new camera they put in last year was an upgraded camera and it should fix it. It only seems to happen when opening or closing the dash. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm assuming I can't be the only one. I am going to have to pay the dealer to try and find the issue. I'd rather not do that.
Hi jonx96,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #4
Hi jonx96,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Appreciate it. Is this a known problem you are able to check? To save a diagnosis charge. My dealer was really good about it and checked a few things no charge while I was looking at a Durango with my sales guy.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With my ChallengerHC, I intermittently get ultra dark image in reverse. Open/close trunk has immediately rectified the problem every time so far. I vote poor connection there.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Appreciate it. Is this a known problem you are able to check? To save a diagnosis charge. My dealer was really good about it and checked a few things no charge while I was looking at a Durango with my sales guy.
If you'd like to send us a private message with more specific details about your overall Uconnect concerns, as well as your VIN, I'd be happy to look into that further for you!

Courtney
Dodge Cares