Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone going to Radford's SRT Driving School this Thursday? (3/9/2023)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Very much looking forward to it especially after having previously attended it at Wakins Glen YEARS ago, in addition to some other schools/training...

I think it'll be easy enough to ID/spot other HCF.org members there:

Hey, are y'all on the HCF.org?

Yeah...

What's your screen-name?

Go fuck yourself.

Hey, I know you!

I'd LOVE to see @DGatzby and some of the other resident track whores there as a ringer..."you mean like this...?" Who in the name of the Holy sweet Gee Bus threshold braking, front end preloading, peak apex smashing asshole is this guy?! We got The Stig up in this motherfucker!
They usually lead us around so guys like me get to be horribly bored all day. UNLESS I get lucky enough to be the lead car behind the driver, in rje follow me deal. Then do the passive aggressive stay right on his ass. But at that point they usually are smart enough to ask what experience you have, then the cat is out of the bag. You should get a session or two of open driving I hope. Enjoy dude. They are an absolutely a blast, especially if it is someone else’s brakes and rubber. I think I’ll take advantage of it and get down there on my new Durango’s SRT dime this fall when it cools off a bit.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just was reading the rest. Show the donut maker the way around the place @Ronin !

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Did the two day last October and it was awesome. I asked what would happen when no more Challengers and they said they weren't sure but Ford and Chevy had supplied cars in the past for the school.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
All of them are stock the way they come from the factory right down to the pzero Pirellis. The only thing not stock are the pads and rotors.
the fleet they had when I attended had all Goodyear tires on them, a slightly different size than OEM. Mechanics I talked to said Pirelli's were no bueno for that constant abuse. I felt the tires on my car did really well for my 3 days...

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
As everyone whose gone can tell you...the class was awesome!

As far as the red key goes; it's used for some/most of the drills, including the hot laps, so that was cool.

I must say I honestly regret my use of the :rolleyes: emoji this AM when commenting that Preston/"Chief Donut Maker" presence in my class. Mind you this was my only interaction with him but he was definitely a professional and articulate enthusiast...maybe not in the same way I am, but definitely an ambassador of the brand...such that it currently is at least. He was definitely humble, although a few folks in the class tried to make that difficult for him (and I mean that in a good way).

So with the specter of @DGatzby looming heavily in my rear view mirror...his armed crossed, a stern look across his face...he simply says. Don't. Fuck. Up...

Copy that Sir! :p IMG_3294 - Copy.jpg

Preston/CDM actually came in second and to his credit; dude can drive. There were a couple of folks in that class who really slowed down the hot laps but they let us switch up instructors, and order and run a couple of times so if you wanted a flat out run, you got it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Glad you enjoyed it @Ronin. I got bit during my first SRT day, and I’m addicted to making them go left and right as you know.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

As far as the red key goes; it's used for some/most of the drills, including the hot laps, so that was cool.

I must say I honestly regret my use of the :rolleyes: emoji this AM when commenting that Preston/"Chief Donut Maker" presence in my class. Mind you this was my only interaction with him but he was definitely a professional and articulate enthusiast...maybe not in the same way I am, but definitely an ambassador of the brand...such that it currently is at least. He was definitely humble, although a few folks in the class tried to make that difficult for him (and I mean that in a good way).

So with the specter of @DGatzby looming heavily in my rear view mirror...his armed crossed, a stern look across his face...he simply says. Don't. Fuck. Up...

Copy that Sir! :p View attachment 99906

Preston/CDM actually came in second and to his credit; dude can drive. There were a couple of folks in that class who really slowed down the hot laps but they let us switch up instructors, and order and run a couple of times so if you wanted a flat out run, you got it.
Much respect winning the autocross @Ronin !

I did too when I went last fall, but they didn't have those trophies back then :(

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
I got this photo proof from the school's official photographer, which I thought was pretty cool...

Not 3-wheel/inside tire lifting cornering like @DGatzby, but I like it!

SRT Radford school picture - Copy.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got this photo proof from the school's official photographer, which I thought was pretty cool...

Not 3-wheel/inside tire lifting cornering like @DGatzby, but I like it!

View attachment 100808
My friend you did good, don’t short yourself. I became addicted in the SRT school myself in 2015. They still had the option to go to Road America. Loved the place ever since. Will be returning the first week of May for my annual pilgrimage. Also have done a goofy amount of VR racing. Now go enter some HPDE events sir and enjoy and drive that Hellcat like it should be driven.;)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Copy that Sir! :p View attachment 99906

Congratulations. I got a this coin which remains on my desk today.

20230318_172944.jpg
20230318_172951.jpg