Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

And so it begins bye bye SalesmanšŸ˜³

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ford Is Going to 100% Online, Fixed-Price Sales For EVs, Says CEO Jim Farley
The Ford CEO explains that direct delivery, zero negotiation, and fully online transactions will be necessary for the brand's EV business.

The Ford brand will transition to exclusively online, fixed-price, delivered-to-your-door sales for EVs, CEO Jim Farley said, in a statement reported by USA Today.

"We've got to go to non-negotiated price. We've got to go 100 percent online. There's no inventory [at dealerships]; it goes directly to the customer. And 100 percent remote pick up and delivery," he said during Bernstein's Annual Strategic Decisions Conference, the paper reported.

It's unclear if Ford also plans to implement this sales strategy shift for its non-EV products.

Farley went on to say that he sees the physical locations of dealers as a huge opportunity to push an edge over competitors, but that the current stores will have to radically evolve. Dealers can do it, he said, "but the standards are going to be brutal."

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Does Ford plan on doing the maintenance / repairs / warranty work themselves too? Or will it become a mail order repair service? Ship your vehicle back to a Ford regional service hub and youā€™ll get it back in 6-8 weeks. And we all know Fords spend a lot of time at the service center, so thatā€™ll really be more like 12+weeks.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
And we all know Fords spend a lot of time at the service center, so thatā€™ll really be more like 12+weeks.
You are reading @Jimmy N.'s mind šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…šŸ¤£.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ford dealer in town has never wanted to do a deal with me.

Markups on every special model, im to the point of never even thinking about buying a Ford.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The 'salesmen' for my last 5 or 6 car purchases were just order takers anyway, they added no 'value' to the process IMO.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is why they split ice and ev.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
This is why they split ice and ev.
Correct the EV side can now claim no existing agreement to sell EV cars which gives Ford the rights to bypass the dealer. Uh huh the dealers will for sure sue left and right over this. Interesting Times.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Is anyone surprised the car industry is about to take one of the first dumps in this coming DEPRESSION?

The Government is attempting to control a free market with attempted influence of the costs of fuel, creating confusion, costs and uncertainty, and I dare to say nearly mandates to us to purchase EV's. That is not going to work well.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carvana-layoffs-2500-workers-zoom-email/

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Is anyone surprised the car industry is about to take one of the first dumps in this coming DEPRESSION?

The Government is attempting to control a free market with attempted influence of the costs of fuel, creating confusion, costs and uncertainty, and I dare to say nearly mandates to us to purchase EV's. That is not going to work well.

Carvana has other problems.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
As I understand the separation, it is more about Ford not having the inventory now, and frustrating both customers and dealers. The dealers were charging the good old ADM, and this direct order stuff takes care of that. Customers can work on-line and get the correct delivery dates from the manufacturer, so expectations will not be misplaced, eliminating that confusion and frustration. I like it.

Carvana has problems, but that is how it goes in times like this. Watch the balance of the industry, Carvana may be weak and they are just the first of many to begin layoff's and terminations. Today the numbers were how many jobs were added, in a few months, (remember history) those numbers will be how many people are losing jobs because of NEGATIVE numbers that will be published.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Being a guy who grew up in with a dad and cousin who were car dealers I don't really know whether I like that approach or not. The local new car dealerships hardly have an new inventory but the new inventory is cheaper than used vehicles of the same model at another dealership. I have only ordered one vehicle which was a GT350 and when it arrived the dealer put a $20k AMV on top of the agredd price and I passed on it. I am more of a drive by and stop if I see something I am interested in type of guy and I never ned to trade so the deal has to be good in my opinion. If you buy from my closest CDJR dealer you better do the financing yourself because they lie just to make a deal then try pushing you on another lender weeks later. Its happened to me twice with them so I avoid them if possible

I miss the days of 7500 in rebates plus 8% under window on Fords. I had a good run with F150's and one Roush 427r

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ford knows that their normal cars are garbage, let alone an electric one. The security departmnet said direct to consumer will save Ford employee lives.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Itā€™s the Build Back Better Plan. Brandon, I mean Biden, said itā€™s working according to plan. Kind of like Putin and his ā€œspecial military operationā€.šŸ¤”šŸ™„

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The 'salesmen' for my last 5 or 6 car purchases were just order takers anyway, they added no 'value' to the process IMO.
More often than not...they know less than my wife about cars...

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
More often than not...they know less than my wife about cars...
I have had more than one salesman know less than I do about the vehicle I am looking at. Thats sad when its a new car or truck and their job is to sale it to you

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I have had more than one salesman know less than I do about the vehicle I am looking at. Thats sad when its a new car or truck and their job is to sale it to you
In the past, when the salesman was being an ass, I would ask him to describe the four cycles of a 4-cycle engine.

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the past, when the salesman was being an ass, I would ask him to describe the four cycles of a 4-cycle engine.
I have told a few salesman I wasn't interested and grabbed another salesman. I am not looking for an argument or all day negotiation when I am interested in buying. I have bought enough around here that the managers and some salesman know me by name so thats not happened in a while