Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AFR Blackhawk Heads

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Have the big boy AFR’s been released yet and are the readily available?
Nothing is readily available and it’s getting worse. AFR is another manufacturer who advertises products in development that aren’t available yet. I talked to them over two years ago after they were promoting those heads at PRI. They were taking deposits as it was just going to be “a month or two”. I have not talked to or seen anybody running anything from them on a Gen 3 Hemi yet.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
They’re still not better than stock Redeye heads. You can get 2 Redeye heads for $2500 COMPLETE. Don’t do it, waste of $. They don’t even have em drilled for the supercharger yet
This is the deal of the century. You're basically getting $1,000 worth of supporting parts for free - head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, rocker arms, rocker shafts, fasteners, etc., AND if you shop around, you can do even better on the MSRP. I bought this kit last year and got it on my doorstep for less than MSRP.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
This is the deal of the century. You're basically getting $1,000 worth of supporting parts for free - head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, rocker arms, rocker shafts, fasteners, etc., AND if you shop around, you can do even better on the MSRP. I bought this kit last year and got it on my doorstep for less than MSRP.
There is also a $150 core charge and shipping on them but like said I have found them for $2341 to my door

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
There is also a $150 core charge and shipping on them but like said I have found them for $2341 to my door
That’s a great deal, didn’t see where you said you found them. If you’re looking for something NOW I would go that route over waiting weeks for the other guys. There’s a reason not many companies do heads for these cars. Minimal gains

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
about what I paid too. Different dealers play games with core (I didn't get charged for that), tax, and/or shipping. All I care about is what leaves my wallet. Got mine from dealer in LI NY - no core, no tax, and reasonable shipping for cross country.