Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Active Interchiller, Install Question

Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Hey all. Longtime reader of the forum..
Shop is installing this kit on my trackhawk, this is the one made by Dave Spurlock. Shop has run into the following issue, pictures attached.

The fittings on at least two of the hoses won’t articulate with the hardware they’re intended for due to the directions/angles of respective connection points.

Mr Spurlock recommended we use a vice to bend the fitting to get it to articulate with the port coming off the chiller.
Anyone installed this kit before, did you run into this and were you able to bend the fittings?

IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5058.jpeg IMG_5057.jpeg

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
No clue, didn’t know anyone actually received any of the kits they paid for with this brand

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sell it and get an IC Chiller.

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #4
Sell it and get an IC Chiller.
Right.. I considered myself lucky at the time, if you call todays findings lucky. Mine was at my doorstep in record time, 2 weeks from purchase. This was fall 2023.

IC didn’t have enough press on the trackhawk platform at the time, so I was choosing between FI and active. I wasn’t gonna touch FI with all the stories and feedback there.

Vehicle is at Satera, they use IC on their builds. Unfortunately, already had this one in my storage locker and wanted to give it a go.

Did you leave your heat exchanger on when you did yours?

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Right.. I considered myself at the time, if you call todays findings lucky. Mine was at my doorstep within 14 days, this was fall 2023.

IC didn’t have enough press on the trackhawk platform at the time, so unfortunately i was between FI and active. I wasn’t gonna touch FI with all the stories and feedback there. but here we are with AI.

Vehicle is at Satera, they recommend IC. Unfortunately, already had this one in my storage locker and wanted to give it a go.

waiting to hear from them.. if they can heat the fittings so as to increase malleability and then bend their without disrupting where they’re pressed into the lines, wonder what the chances are we can skate by.
vehicle’s been there for over 2 months, I’m slowly withering away in her absence.

Did you leave your heat exchanger on when you did yours?
I left mine (the big one, deleted the small one) but I have a 3 way valve. Mine defaults to go through chiller only with 3 way bypass off, chiller and heat exchanger with bypass on (on cold days, which is never)

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
That looks like an Abortion bro..... I wasnt even aware anyone other than FI made one. Do they offer any upgrades like FI does? U can buy the bigger IC pump from FI thats universal it replaces ur stock pump.

I can run mine with the AC that still goes into the cabin but I never use ut cause I want it all going to the chiller lol so I just suffer and be hot ha.

Rippafag has one for the Durango thats plug and play. Never heard back on the Trackhawk version. That little weasel tends to make posts about shit hes offering then "Crickets"....
Did the same with his 15 inch rear conversion for the Trackhawk. When I called to inquite about it suddenly wasnt offered it to anyone and it was gonna be for the "Shop truck" only. Suk a dick Rippafag. The dude has the WORST reputation in this communty complete clown!

IC works well. It was 65 degrees out.

IMG_4108.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #7
I was pretty interested in the pierburg CWA400. asked installer, wasn’t recommended unless the oem fails and want to use as a replacement. He doesn’t think moving the fluid through intercooler faster will make a difference in IATs so I just left it at that. If someone has an expansion tank, I could see how may become more relevant.

Do you have the CWA400 on yours?

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #8
lol, I suspect I will run comp mode switch all the time and also suffer through warm in cabin air as I also wanna get the most out of the chiller. I only drive the vehicle in warm months so wanna enjoy much as I can, otherwise she’s in hibernation mode.

Rippatuned is 4 hours from me. I’ve read so much rough feedback on their shop I wouldn’t dream of associating with them.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I do not. Mine gets down to 23 degrees with drag valve on, 40 without. not needed. At all. Just another part to sell you.
I was pretty interested in the pierburg CWA400. asked installer, wasn’t recommended unless the oem fails and want to use as a replacement. He doesn’t think moving the fluid through intercooler faster will make a difference in IATs so I just left it at that. If someone has an expansion tank, I could see how may become more relevant.

Do you have the CWA400 on yours?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Theyre great guys. The people that talk smack are all in cahoots with each other, or are just being an echo box and have zero actual experience with them. It’s gang mentality to snuff out a competitor, that’s all it is. Ripa will take care of you. Don’t believe what you read online by people that are in cahoots with and sponsored by other shops.
lol, I suspect I will run comp mode switch all the time and also suffer through warm in cabin air as I also wanna get the most out of the chiller. I only drive the vehicle in warm months so wanna enjoy much as I can, otherwise she’s in hibernation mode.

Rippatuned is 4 hours from me. I’ve read so much rough feedback on their shop I wouldn’t dream of associating with them.

Last edited:
OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #11
Theyre great guys. The people that talk smack are all in cahoots with each other, or are just being an echo box and have zero actual experience with them. It’s gang mentality to snuff out a competitor, that’s all it is. Ripa will take care of you. Don’t believe what you read online by people that are in cahoots with and sponsored by other shops.
That’s good to know.. are you speaking off the cuff or personal experience? I’m asking incase I am ever in a pinch and do consider them for help down the line (I’m having compound boost set-up now, I know he has some experience with turbo hellcats).

There’s certainly a dichotomy with his shop. For example, the first guy I met on our forum happened to live in my general area. I told him I struggled with finding a speed shop, and his reccomendation was rippatuned - that he’d been using them and only let them work on his vehicle.
Guy I sold my headlights to also transferred his vehicles there from a shop I won’t name. Said he’d been having a fine experience, little slow, but all seemed fine overall.

But then you have my IGLA installer who is very intertwined in the hellcat community and swears against Ripa. And have the feedback on TRX forum is rough. Needless to say, It was not easy deciding who to send my build to as no shop has consistently positive feedback.

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk
Thread Starter #12
Closing the loop. This is the completion photo received yesterday. I asked the shop for clarification what they to do or modify to get that line to connect to the chiller, but never heard back. Looks like they came to the conclusion that line was not for the molded in port coming out laterally, but for the rear positioned flush level port. but I still think they had to do something to make the fitting naturally articulate given as originally pictured it was north facing.
IMG_5082.jpeg

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Closing the loop. This is the completion photo received yesterday. I asked the shop for clarification what they to do or modify to get that line to connect to the chiller, but never heard back. Looks like they came to the conclusion that line was not for the molded in port coming out laterally, but for the rear positioned flush level port. but I still think they had to do something to make the fitting naturally articulate given as originally pictured it was north facing.
View attachment 139824
Sucks when they don't answer your questions when you're paying them. I'd find a new shop fwiw

OP
O
Member ID
Reactions
City
n/a
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
21' Trackhawk