Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

6-passenger (front bench) TRX

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bedford
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ram 2500
Currently own a ‘21 2500 Power Wagon but I’d love to get a TRX but the front bench for 6-passengers is a must have. Does anyone know if the ‘22 or future TRX will have a bench seat option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Not that I’ve heard of. I don’t really see them doing anything other than bucket seats just due to the sporty nature of the vehicle. Though, I could be wrong.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
They specifically created the console shifter for the TRX so I doubt it.

Although you never know if enough people ask for it.

Then again, plenty of people have asked for a 392 1500 of some type and it's never happened so.... 🤷‍♂️

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
A bench seat from a '19-up 1500 should bolt right in, I'd think.
For the shifter you'd have to make something up. Probably easiest to use one of those dreaded rotary shifters.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
A bench seat from a '19-up 1500 should bolt right in, I'd think.
For the shifter you'd have to make something up. Probably easiest to use one of those dreaded rotary shifters.
Plenty of people would be willing to swap console/shifter for bench seat (although it wouldn't match exactly). Several people have done the swap on the Ram forum (not in a TRX). But if you put the dial shifter back in, then where would you put all this stuff?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ouch,,,, wood suck. I have been looking at the twin turbo supra's again after owning one many years ago. fastest car I have ever owned. Point beinging the weight is 1/2 as much cause no back seat and most of the time, like this one, no one sits in the passenger seat. Hear we go again. Why kid myself,, high performance car fer me and me only. The build out with the hemi and twin turbos make it thru to the 3rd stage which is the the tuning portion. Neighbor with Grand National fell on his face terribly.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
But if you put the dial shifter back in, then where would you put all this stuff?
Since it's only some wiring to deal with, you could put that rotary shifter just about anywhere you want.
I looked into it a bit when having a basic 1500, and almost desperate to get rid of that damn knob.

At the time, using a Jeep console shifter seemed to be the easiest, and I would've simply extended to wiring to make it reach. But there may already be factory "extension cords".

Not that I know if the connectors are the same for a console shifter and a rotary knob, but that'd be an easy one to overcome.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Sounds like you need to get a Camper shell😁. Put a few in the bed😂

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I did put one on mine. But not for that reason.