Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Ram 1500 TRX vs. 2022 Rivian R1T: The Unofficial Off-Road Drag Race

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Should’ve hooked them up to a 5,000 lb trailer and sent them on a 200 mile journey. Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve yet to see any of the manufacturers of these electric trucks state how far their vehicle will tow a trailer of any weight. I’m guessing not far.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Should’ve hooked them up to a 5,000 lb trailer and sent them on a 200 mile journey. Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve yet to see any of the manufacturers of these electric trucks state how far their vehicle will tow a trailer of any weight. I’m guessing not far.
Right but the next adventure of Electric is the Electric trailers which I think is going to be pretty cool. Imagine buying a car hauler and it has a battery pack with wheel motors to push it down the road. Whether you have a gas driven truck or electric this will be huge in not having to have a huge truck to pull things. No doubt in my mind this is the next chapter in trailers.
Here’s an example of what’s already happening.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/21/electric-rv-thor-industries.cnn-business

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Will be interesting to see🤔

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Imagine the weight of the electric trailers? Something that many have not considered is, can our bridges and roads handle the excess weight that these EV's are carrying? A 3500lb car is now 5k. A 6k lb truck is now 9k. Look at the Hummer vs the TRX.