Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 RedEye Engine Air Filter

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat RedEye
Embarrassed to admit that I don't know this ... is the air filter washable or simply throw away when dirty? It does not appear to be oiled such as a K&N type.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What says the owners manual? I don't have ours handy.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would think that you replace it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Embarrassed to admit that I don't know this ... is the air filter washable or simply throw away when dirty? It does not appear to be oiled such as a K&N type.
Actually, we believe it is a K&N type, perhaps even farmed out from them. FWIW I have 2 filters and have swapped it 3 times, after 7500 miles of daily driving in the desert southwest it's filthy(!), I've pulled so many pieces of debris/rock/bugs/stuff out of the pleats, these cars really suck in air! I have 23k on mine now. Anyway, I just buy the K&N cleaning and oiling kits. Good luck. Pretty easy to change.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Just put the cleaned and lightly oiled Demon air cleaner Eric and I and a lot of folks purchased a while ago back in for my upcoming track use. My Redeye filter is drying and was cleaned with the same K&N stuff I have used on my V-Twin motorcycles for 25 years. Please send me all used air cleaners, I’ll recycle them.
21582182-0FF6-47DE-8E34-D74686ACA0D1.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
It is in a box,,, what do you care when you r en a box. Don't. Looks like a K & N to me, but what do I know. Play an A/C mechanic on the net. Butster ifer waht me, I wood take it wash with soapy watah, you yankees youz, and dribble a bit ster of earl on it, snot from the frig, but a bit of wd spray. Not from the STD clinic and will last 50,000 miles THEY say. Nope ster at all. In the mountains are. Clean aih, yankees, but fer us leaving below sub 0 mountin air,, not so good. We need to filtrate and filyrate eve rt thang,, over and over again. Even the forum we filter.

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
The book says no oil. I contacted the SRT line to verify and they also said leave it dry. Naturally I found this out after I had purchased the oiling kit....