Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2015 hellcat rebuild.

Member ID
Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 hellcat charger
Hello HC famalia! I have a 2015 HC challenger with 24k miles. Owned for 6 years and it has sat in the garage for the most part… only 4k miles a year driven .. Car has been babied but unfortunately it threw a rod so have to rebuild. I have reached out to Dodge as it’s out of warranty but perhaps they may help in some way!

I am looking for ideas as I have an engine builder that has started the tear down. from what I have read we are better of$$$ wise to rebuild versus buying new. Most the race shops I spoke to recommend just buying a new engine but it seems ti me you can build it better for less.. thoughts??? Not looking to go too aggressive but considering the following:

- Cam (looking for that rumble).. what is the best one?
- Smaller pulley: again thoughts on best one?
-Possibly headers but what I have read these have minimum HP gains but open to ideas.
- tune… best place to send ecu?
- would prefer to not have to change injectors or upgrade fuel system. What HP gains can be had from the above? Looking for safe power!!
- upgrading the manual clutch… curious on thoughts considering mods listed above.

thanks in advance for your feedback

- Sam

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome to the family and sorry for your (engine) loss.
MANY members here that have done and are in the engine rebuild process.
Good luck.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Welcome and good luck with this interesting project. We both will learn from this in a positive way. Sea ya live in Tx where it is hot like Fl most of the year,, correct?
I have been lukin at the same interest, butt with a women named Hell Cat. Have your builder luck into a cooler system to save that nice engine,,, plus better hp. I have ideas and some people have put them in place to inflated #s. Bastards.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
without increasing inj. size an fuel delivery your power increase will be very limited.
welcome aboard :)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Did you window the block?
Did the crank survive?
Most shops don’t want the hassle of verifying the integrity of the stock parts when aftermarket parts are so easy to come by and they are superior (it’s only time and money, lol).
Any idea why yours let go? That’s a pretty rare occurrence, you’d want to make sure whatever it was is remedied before throwing a new bottom end together.
Do you have to bore the cylinders due to any damage? Did you plan on stroking it while you’re in there?
Very few GEN3 HEMIs really “chop” with a cam these days, it’s much more subtle… we don’t need extreme cams that sacrifice drivability.
I’d put a nice 426 combo together and not get too crazy with a race clutch. The Bad Boy clutch my buddy runs is loud and annoying… but we smoked the stock one at the first track day.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Assuming your block is toast Buy a Demon long block from MMX. If you plan on over 1000 wheel hp Replace the rods with Carrillo, Oliver, or Manley Light weight I Beam rods for a 24 mm Wrist pin. While pistons are out of the bores for rod change open up the top and second ring gap to .022”. Give it hell. If you don’t plan on exceeding 1000 wheel use the engine as delivered, it will serve you well.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sew many questions, so little time.
I don't understand how those dude ettes can run that fast with no male gent a tell ya in place. Adams family apple still in place. What cha say Linder?

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sew many questions, so little time.
I don't understand how those dude ettes can run that fast with no male gent a tell ya in place. Adams family apple still in place. What cha say Linder?
Oh yeah!
@Hickster is back!!!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Oh yea, Hunter and full of pisster and vinager. I'll beez inturd sted in seaing what the semi generalized pubics cum upster with this ce nair re oe, no not him again. Yes Hunter, with nearly 2 ears of unexplored stories. Never died so many times in my life, and gottster wayz with it. But never asked for favors or make deals. Espicially witt that ass hole. My real life brother, not like me at all, don't gester nervous. IS A PHD in Psycology married 40 ears to the sane. He and, Laurie Fian say #7, says I will die if I step another foot in that townhome, wit the Hell Cat. She is my friend. I am spending the night there to do maintenance work and get them critters out. They tried to kill me twice and about suck seed ed. One night, last one, I had 3 heart attacks and 4 strokes after 10 days of bleeding out. Then 9 weeks in a coma and pronounced dead, ammm a few times. Going back to work on the car and whip sum ass. Wash me luck in 2 weeks.

Member ID
Reactions
City
greenville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
.. Car has been babied but unfortunately it threw a rod so have to rebuild.
Welcome, Sam. Can you elaborate on how this happened?

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome, Sam. Can you elaborate on how this happened?
Unfortunately, he hasn't been back since he posted this.
Maybe some day......