Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1ST DRAG PACK 2020 GT500 SETS WORLD RECORD 1/4 MILE!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I said the GT500 was going to be a handful for the Hellcats and I said they would be in the 8's within a year. The GT500 is already on track to reach my prediction well before a year.

I said all they need is some tires and a little time to tune these cars and...

9.1@154mph.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
World record for what? a highly modded GT500? everybody acts like this is off the showroom floor performance.

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
The reality here is the GT500 is just a tick slower than a Redeye Stock.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
World record for what? a highly modded GT500? everybody acts like this is off the showroom floor performance.
Does it matter? How many Hellcats and Demons are running 9.1 or quicker? Not a lot and the Hellcat has been around since 2015. The GT500 is there already and it's only been a few months. They will be in the mid to low 8s within a year.

You're in denial if you doubt the potential of the GT500 platform.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The reality here is the GT500 is just a tick slower than a Redeye Stock.
Yep, but arguably has more potential because Ford's aftermarket support is always so good.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Am I the only one or are these videos just painfully stupid to watch? Blabla.. 9.1 Blabla.... 9.1. How many times did he say omg 9.1? I still have no idea what was actually done to the car but it had a ... DRAG PACK!!! Nothing wrong with the car. Fast for sure but could they get somebody half way intelligent to tell us about it. I can’t take another one if these Utube morons.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Am I the only one or are these videos just painfully stupid to watch? Blabla.. 9.1 Blabla.... 9.1. How many times did he say omg 9.1? I still have no idea what was actually done to the car but it had a ... DRAG PACK!!! Nothing wrong with the car. Fast for sure but could they get somebody half way intelligent to tell us about it. I can’t take another one if these Utube morons.
Now that I agree with.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Does it matter? How many Hellcats and Demons are running 9.1 or quicker? Not a lot and the Hellcat has been around since 2015. The GT500 is there already and it's only been a few months. They will be in the mid to low 8s within a year.

You're in denial if you doubt the potential of the GT500 platform.
I am much quicker with the stock hellcat drive train. Not even a race

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I am much quicker with the stock hellcat drive train. Not even a race
Understood Cole and again, the Hellcat platform has been out much longer. Can you say that any Hellcat was running 9.1 three months after release?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Understood Cole and again, the Hellcat platform has been out much longer. Can you say that any Hellcat was running 9.1 three months after release?
Nope, took us years to go 8's

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
When the hellcat platform emerged, it was new. Dodge never had a performance production car using that engine, supercharger and trans. There was no factory support and little aftermarket knowledge about the platform.

Compare that to gt500 which uses existing engine technology, and a trans adapted from the Ford GT. Combine that with all the factory and aftermarket resources of Ford and why would anyone be surprised that and fbo racecar runs 9.2 in negative 1k DA. And yes, they are chasing air and baro to get their number. Car is based out of FL but ran th number at MIR? Why? To chase the air. That car is on full tilt and the blower and trans in it aren't happy. I suspect a trans and / or blower failure will occur before the car goes 8s

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
When the hellcat platform emerged, it was new. Dodge never had a performance production car using that engine, supercharger and trans. There was no factory support and little aftermarket knowledge about the platform.

Compare that to gt500 which uses existing engine technology, and a trans adapted from the Ford GT. Combine that with all the factory and aftermarket resources of Ford and why would anyone be surprised that and fbo racecar runs 9.2 in negative 1k DA. And yes, they are chasing air and baro to get their number. Car is based out of FL but ran th number at MIR? Why? To chase the air. That car is on full tilt and the blower and trans in it aren't happy. I suspect a trans and / or blower failure will occur before the car goes 8s
Brother Simon lays the smack down. I like it

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13

And it will force the aftermarket to step up supporting parts. All part of drag racing and chasing records.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Nope, took us years to go 8's
Yep, hence the reason why the GT500 is impressive at the moment.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Oh the good old days are here and going past us lol. This is exciting times to argue and how long does it last with the damn electric agenda on our doorstep. And yeah tracking isn’t here but give it another 2-3 years and the electric pickups and SUVs will be blasting us ICE Age guys and gals on the general roads[vommit]
24F1371F-2854-44DF-BEEB-EDF533E01FD8.jpeg 70999B23-AD74-46BD-A299-5DCD9EC53FFF.jpeg

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yep, hence the reason why the GT500 is impressive at the moment.

Hmmm, we did it with no factory support, just community and the vendors, grass roots. SRT did nothing but supply the platform. From what Simon states, it is not apples to apples

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Wonder what the previous world record was and who keeps track of world records? What was the world record for again?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yep, but arguably has more potential because Ford's aftermarket support is always so good.
I was just having this same discussion with a friend just 2 hours ago. Reminiscing about how quickly the 5.0 Fords in the '80-'90's had a ton of aftermarket support...and the new ones do today....and how Dodge does not.
This matters to me because I am shopping for a newer 5.0 Mustang, and the amount of aftermarket hardware for these cars is incredible, but I really shouldn't be surprised.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
Hmmm, we did it with no factory support, just community and the vendors, grass roots. SRT did nothing but supply the platform. From what Simon states, it is not apples to apples
Never stated it was, when chasing records though, it's anything goes.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
I was just having this same discussion with a friend just 2 hours ago. Reminiscing about how quickly the 5.0 Fords in the '80-'90's had a ton of aftermarket support...and the new ones do today....and how Dodge does not.
This matters to me because I am shopping for a newer 5.0 Mustang, and the amount of aftermarket hardware for these cars is incredible, but I really shouldn't be surprised.
Yep. The Mopar fanatics shouldn't get bent out of shape about it. It is what it is. As a car guy and not a Mopar fanatic, I appreciate what the new GT500 is doing already. I've never even owned a Ford vehicle so I'm not biased. I'm a Chevy guy at my roots.